Feather attachment help!

solo409

Reaction score
Howdy all!
This is my first actual post, but I've been observing and gathering valuble info from everyone for a while now. Very helpful!!
I have a question regarding the attachment of feathers to puppets. My plan is to build a realistic bird puppet, similar in form to the Skeksis from "Dark Crystal" (exept a quite a bit more happy looking, and also quite a bit smaller...)
I plan on this being a more realistic looking project, not 'muppety' looking, so I need a good way of layering, attaching, and colouring the feathers. Do any of you have any techniques that you have used to do this? If I use a latex/foam-rubber material, will the feathers be able to be 'punched' in like false hair, or will I have to glue them on to the surface? I have been told that airbrushing works well, but what dye's/paints will work for feathers?
Thanks a bunch!
---Nate

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hi Nate!

All right, two Nates taking up residency here! Hoo-boy :rolleyes:

Sorry I can't help much with making puppets; performing is my better end of the table.

But I have to say: Awesome avatar!

Welcome to the forum :wink:

- Billy :cool:

solo409

Reaction score
:big_grin: Oh! A fellow Texan!
I used to live in Macinney (I don't even remember how to spell it) and still go down to Corpus Christi every year.
I might me asking some performance questions down the line....
---Nate

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Nate-

It's "McKinney", about a two minute drive from my house!
Nice to see yet another Texan on board :smile:

As for performing questions, ask away!

See ya

- Billy :cool: