1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Feather attachment help!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by solo409, Aug 12, 2002.

1. solo409

solo409 New Member

Howdy all!
    This is my first actual post, but I've been observing and gathering valuble info from everyone for a while now. Very helpful!!
    I have a question regarding the attachment of feathers to puppets. My plan is to build a realistic bird puppet, similar in form to the Skeksis from "Dark Crystal" (exept a quite a bit more happy looking, and also quite a bit smaller...)
    I plan on this being a more realistic looking project, not 'muppety' looking, so I need a good way of layering, attaching, and colouring the feathers. Do any of you have any techniques that you have used to do this? If I use a latex/foam-rubber material, will the feathers be able to be 'punched' in like false hair, or will I have to glue them on to the surface? I have been told that airbrushing works well, but what dye's/paints will work for feathers?
    Thanks a bunch!
    ---Nate
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hi Nate!

All right, two Nates taking up residency here! Hoo-boy :rolleyes:

Sorry I can't help much with making puppets; performing is my better end of the table.

But I have to say: Awesome avatar!

Welcome to the forum ;)

- Billy :cool:
  3. solo409

solo409 New Member

:D Oh! A fellow Texan!
    I used to live in Macinney (I don't even remember how to spell it) and still go down to Corpus Christi every year.
    I might me asking some performance questions down the line....
    ---Nate
  4. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hey Nate-

It's "McKinney", about a two minute drive from my house!
    Nice to see yet another Texan on board :)

As for performing questions, ask away!

See ya

- Billy :cool: