Feb 4/09 Dark Crystal Sequel news.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
No, not at all. your not asking too much, your asking what the fans want, what we desire. .. will they nail it? Who knows at this point. I've always felt like TDC is trapped in its own story beats, contained by its own thematic restraints, in other words, the only way to tell the story, is to almost repeat the same elements from the first, and that is. . the crystal "needs" to crack again. Ergo, the same movie. We want to see Skeksi's, the Urhu (no clue on the spellings here) and the Garthim. . .but again, how do they bring that back? crack the crystal. a.ka. the same movie, again.

The fist film is just so original in its storytelling, I really can't fathom how they will introduce anything without resorting to the same story plots/themes that developed the first one. Its one of the reasons I felt TDC just needs to be left alone, but at the same time I've developed (like most) a hunger for more, more stories, more visuals and more Skeksis. I'm now interested in just how they are going to do it, and I can't imagine it being done any other way. . .the crystal has to crack. . .again. (which brings up serious story problems with the prophecy).

JMPrater

Reaction score
UPDATE!

"It has been confirmed that Shane Abbess was attached to direct the Dark Crystal Sequel for the better part of 2008 having turned in several drafts of the script with co-writer Matt Hylton Todd from a story by Jim Henson.

He officially left the project late 2008 due to scheduling conflicts with another movie at Universal."

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
UPDATE!

"It has been confirmed that Shane Abbess was attached to direct the Dark Crystal Sequel for the better part of 2008 having turned in several drafts of the script with co-writer Matt Hylton Todd from a story by Jim Henson.

He officially left the project late 2008 due to scheduling conflicts with another movie at Universal."
Why would they consider this director to begin with, he has no resume whatsoever...

ryan19

Reaction score
what does this mean ? further delay Or not production at all ? i dont mind the wait as long as long as they make it worth the wait .

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm now interested in just how they are going to do it, and I can't imagine it being done any other way. . .the crystal has to crack. . .again. (which brings up serious story problems with the prophecy).
What would it matter? Even if you cracked it again, the merged beings left ... I thought.