1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fede Alvarez to Write and Direct Labyrinth Sequel

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by D'Snowth, Apr 14, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

gavry3 likes this.
  2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Active Member

Apparently it is now a spin off to the original not a sequel or reboot

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wasn't this already announced like last year?
    Well, anyway, I don't mind them being CGI, as long as they have enough budget for the effects. And wasn't one of the Guardians of the Galaxy writers originally supposed to write this? I wonder what happened to that.
    This could potentially be good, I mean, obviously it's too early to judge one way or the other. But honestly, i'm mostly just skeptical that this will even get made.

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Of course the goblins will be CGI, they have to replace the apparently currently deteriorating puppet cast somehow. And as a supposed spin-off they no longer have to be stuck in David Bowie/JarethxSarah Willaims storyline mode. Bleh, I'm sticking with what we've already got until any true news materializes. :scary:

5. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Excuse me while I cry out all the parts of my soul that believed in keeping classic movies alone.

WhoseLineFan and D'Snowth like this.
  6. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

This is why the movie remake should be not necessary. Some movies should just be left alone.

gavry3 likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This isn't a remake, it's a direct sequel to the original movie.

WhoseLineFan and gavry3 like this.
  8. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

Oops. I must have misread.

9. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

How is The Goblin King not represented in a movie in which the main setting is his kingdom?