Female Monsters...They Never Last

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, does the character of Rosie Monster exist? Any and all info on this character will be most helpful towards building the case for its inclusion in the ML, should this be a true Muppet character.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you guys soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I mistaken her name, I was actually trying to think of Ruby Monster, which I believe you're already familiar with because you were the one who first mentioned a "Ruby Monster" in this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
All frighty then, thanks for the suggestion though.
One less character to worry about.
Have a good night.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I believe that was Joey Mazzarino.
Actually, she was performed by Camille Bonora. At the end of Sesame Street: 20 And Still Counting, the performer credits are shown along with their performers, and Camille Bonoras name was shown in front of Ruby.

I could be wrong. This credit sequence does have a few wrong/ misleading credits. When Cookie, Grver, and Herry are shown, David Rudman is the only performer listed, even thoguh he didn't voice any of those characters at the time, but Frank Oz and jerry nelson got credits when other characters were shown, and when Telly and Natasha were shown, only Pam Arceiro is credited, even thoguh she didn't perform either character (I have read that she normally performed Tellys right arm). However, I am sure that the camille Bonora credit is right. She sounds like a Camille Bonora character to me, and Joey Mazzarino didn't get any kind of performing credit in that special.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know if people generally count grouches as monsters (though I kinda think of them in more or less the same category), but I'd say one of the longest running female characters would have to be Grungetta.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Ruby Monster was actually on the show from 1988-1992. I think they got rid of her at the time Rosita came on the show. I guess she kind of replaced her. I can understand why though. It's much more interesting to see a female Monster who is bi lingual, than a female monster who doesn't really have any set personality. Not that I ever had anything against Ruby, it's just that she seemed a little too.......... regular :rolleyes:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... But Ruby did have a set personality, or schtick of her own. Perhaps you've noticed her hair in a sort of mane around her head with combed spikes shooting out from the top ring of her hair?
Not sure if that's an accurate descript of what she looked like, blind batty eyes you know.

Anyway, she wanted to have her hair that way because of her professed idol/hero... Albert Einstein.
Yeah, back in the days when Ruby Monster was on the show she was a curious monster and loved to expand her knowledge by performing experiments. Another thing to her persona, as seen when she was in the Monsterpiece Theater of Guys and Dolls, was that Ruby was a bit of a tomboy prefering to play with trucks instead of dolls.
So she was a bit of a tomboy female monster who liked to know more about the world around her. She was a nice character, even got included in the New Who's Who on SS coloring book I have in my collection.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

BEAR

Reaction score
Don't forget Ingrid and Baby Natasha. They are both still around.

BEAR

Reaction score
superfan said:
My daughter thinks Elmo is a girl. :smirk: Interesting...
Very interesting. Any clues as to why she thinks so? What does she say?