Female Muppets

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
It seems that there is a lack of Female Muppets in the line.

So far we only have Miss Piggy, Janice and Camilla.

Some others that could be made are...

• Annie Sue
  • Mildred
  • Emily (Ma) Bear
  • Hila
  • Miss Mousey
  • Gladys
  • Wanda
  • Miss Appleby
  • Winny
  • Astoria (Maybe as a variant ?)
  • Three Female Singers
  • Yolonda Rat

Those are roughly in the order that i would pick them.

What does everyone else think ?

See ya

King Prawn

Reaction score
I like your list Warrick but i think the only three that have a chance and a small one at that are Emily Bear, Annie Sue Pig & Yolanda Rat.

Although i can see Emily Bear as an Action figure some where down the road and possible Annie Sue pig if we were to push are luck but if Yolanda were ever to be released i'd doubt she'd come out as a single figure as Rizzo is.

She could come with Waiter Rizzo from TMTM, she could come in her waiteress outfit, they could then both be the repaint figures in tuxes as they appeared in Kermit & Piggy's wedding.

just my thoughts

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
King Prawn,

Hey,
Something inside me tells me Mildred is possible. Alot of people like her.

I wonder if Yolonda Rat is covered by The Muppet Showlicense, She was in The Muppet Show Tour.

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Yolanda would be covered by the movie license wouldn't she ?

Out of those i think Emily Bear & Yolanda are most likely - as someone else said - a two pack exclusive maybe - Waiter Rizzo and Waitress Yolanda. They might make good PVC's too.

Emily Bear i really want to be a Vacation Figure but in the regular line - so she could be the repaint/chase figure and mean we had two painted sets of Vacation Fozzie & Ma !

I don't think much of Annie Sue getting made, Astoria maybe - what about Spamela Hamderson in her Baywatch style swimsuit ?- that would be a strong sculpt visually.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

If they bought Spamela Hamderson out, That would be the only Muppet product that i would not enjoy buying.

(I cant bring myself not to buy anything Muppety, So thats as harsh as i can get - LOL)

I think Annie Sue SHOULD be made, She was brought as a rival for Piggy, And has good play value with Piggy.

Ma Bear, Ofcourse!
But i think she should be made in her clothes from A Muppet Family Christmas !

Yolonda would be covered by the movie license, I was just wondering if she was covered by The Muppet Show license too.

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Well Emily Bear was kinda wearing Vacation Clothes at the start of Muppet Family Christmas - she had her shades (i think) and sunhat, and a little summer dress. Thats kinda what i meant - the MFC version. Just maybe give her the handbag, pearls and a surfboard or deckchair and it'd be cool.

I thought Spamela would have mass popularity just cos the Baywatch costume but yeah, she isn't the most popular pig. I'm not a big Annie Sue fan and she's a bit obscure nowdays so i'd probably pass.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
What about that Z lady...oh what's here name! when you tell me i'm gonna scream cause i can't think of it now!lol the lady with the singing owl....a fig that should not be made, just adding her to the muppet female list.

I really hope for Emily Bear, Yolonda Rat would be cool! If Millderd was made we would need Gorge the Jaintor.Astoria would be a neat idea too.

This is why i really hope a nurse Janice(and piggy) figure is made (as well as Dr.bob) they are good charcters to make and it would be wise to use Janice again, and you have to use Piggy again anyways, plus Rowlf.

I would rather have Andy and Randy Pig before spamala as well as HasleHog, Andy and Randy were more main hating to say that, but it's true, we would need all four pigs then.

zack,

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Warrick
Hey Guys,
It seems that there is a lack of Female Muppets in the line.

...there's a lack of Female Muppets.

PERIOD.

I think Palisades has given us, with Piggy, Camilla, and Janice, the three major players. Beyond that, anyone would be too obscure for your average buyer. I can see people buying a few of them if they're cool action figures, or look distinctive, but they wouldn't be buying them because of the CHARACTER.

Of your list, I'd love to see Emily Bear, Astoria, and Yolanda. Maybe I have a thing for the male Muppets in drag?

I've never liked the character or the appearance of Annie Sue...an inferior, cracked out Miss Piggy who happens to have an excellent singing voice. I admire the performer, but not the character.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Zack,

Thats Zelda Rose and her Singing Owl <Kermit Sheesh Face>

Guys,
Im glad to see that alot of people like Emily Bear, She is so fantastic!
And we can all see how cool she would look by looking at Quinn's figure!

For accesories I would say Hat and Handbag.
Maybe if there was a Vacation version have a surfboard with her.

I dont think a deckchair would be practical, If she is a figure like Fozzie then with a dress it would be hard for her to sit properly.

In Muppet Family Christmas she had stuff around her house, Like a picture of a Bear (From The Muppet Show) maybe we should watch it again and pick stuff from her house to come with her !

What about Maureen the Mink ?

see ya

Thijs

Reaction score
I'd love to see Annie Sue. She was one the best characters on the show.