FF: The Muppets' Thanksgiving Special

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Chapter 1 - Getting Things Started

"Hi ho, I'm Kermit the Frog and this is our very first Thanksgiving Special! Yaaaah!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The show started last night with their well-known theme song, Kermit was backstage with those who weren't in performing the theme! He was excited and worried at the same time at the thought of televised special on the night of Thanksgiving.

"Alright! Alright! Now before we play the music and light the lights, I would like to remind you, we have very big stars coming, and very big acts! We have to make this our second best show ever!" said the frog.

"Why second best?" asked a multi-tasking Floyd Pepper, who had his electric bass in one hand and a leash connected to Animal's collar in the other.

"Well, we've had a lot of best shows and---" Kermit said as the backstage door opened to a few well known stars!

There in front of them walked in Jason Segel and Amy Adams. The Muppets welcomed them.

"Oh, Hi! Welcome Jason. Amy. How are you doing?" greeted Kermit.

"Fantastic!" said Jason, "we were just out filming a few scenes for the movie!"

"Oh, and we brought you something for the dinner after the show!" said Amy who brought out from her bag, two plates with foil over it.

"Oooo! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! I am really hungry!" said a near-drooling Rizzo.

"Ritzo! Ritzo, this is for h'you to eat after the show" Pepe tried to take him away from the food.

"Look, it's almost... 7:05! So let's get started, people!" yelled Kermit, who was ready to officially start the show!

Onstage, Sam the Eagle went on stage to introduce the opening number, “Hello fellow Americans! You are watching what our humble tribute to this historic holiday is! Ladies and gentleman, without further ado, I would like to introduce Wayne and Wanda!

Wayne and Wanda began to sing,

"O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountains majesties.
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!"

While Wayne was singing admiring the scenery, Wanda was reaching high notes!

"... Across the wilderness
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,..."

Too bad most of the scenery was made of glass...

"Thy liberty in law!"

Wanda then sung the highest note she could reach. Thus, breaking the glass and covering their bodies with scratches.

"Ow!", "Ow!", "Oww!u201D they kept saying.

The curtain then closed and backstage Sam was slightly disgruntled, "Why do their acts always turn out terrible!u201D

"Ah! Lighten up!" said Rizzo, "We still got like fifteen more acts!"

"f only they'd have been planned out by me!" said Sam.

"If they had been planned out by you we'd be wearing tuxedos and recitin' Shakespeare!" Rizzo pointed out.

"At least we have Prince Poppycock! He is what I call the face of modern opera!" Sam happily said to himself.

"Well that face of modern opera has makeup all over it!"

"Ohhh! Why am I even here?" Sam complained to himself.

"A! What'd ya' know? Poppycock's here now!" Rizzo said as he bit into his small slice of cheese and turned his head towards the upstairs where he had just come out of his dressing room.

Sam licked his fingers and pulled back his hair; to him this was the closest thing to Placido Domingo. "Why hello, Prince Poppycock! It is an honor to have you on tonight's show!

Poppycock replied, "Why thank you! And you may call me Poppy!u201D

He then turned towards Rizzo, "Why hello! Rizzo, isn't it? Why, I've seen you many times with the Muppets! Tell me, your best friend Gonzo, could you ask him where he got his nose job? I've thought about doing the surgery to myself but I can't seem to find a plastic surgeon that can do the job!"

Sam then groaned and turned Poppycock towards him, "Poppy, don't you have to get ready for your act later?"

He replied, "Why thank you for reminding me, I do have to get ready! Well, I shall see you later Sam. Oh, and Rizzo--- don't forget to ask Gonzo."

"Oh, I won't!" Rizzo said as Poppy walked back towards his dressing room.

"Toodle-oo!" said Poppycock.

Sam and Rizzo watched him enter his dressing room, and then they started the conversation up again. "Are you really going to ask Gonzo that?" Sam asked curiously.

"You thought I was actually going to do that?" corrected Rizzo.

Sam and Rizzo walked off towards the left, while Kermit walked down the stairs to the main backstage room. He walked toward his desk and then checked his show schedule; he spoke into the intercom after seeing what the next act was. He alerted Jason Segel and Amy Adams who were in the next act, "Jason! Amy! Your act is up next!u201D

"Oh, Kermit!" said Amy Adams who shockingly at the moment he finished speaking. "I was thinking about bringing on another Muppet for the act. I just wanted to check by---"

Kermit stopped her, "Say no more. You are our guest! Any Muppet you'd like to do the act with is yours!"

"Walter."

"Walter?" said the confused frog.

"Yes. Walter." Amy said again.

"Well, Walter Tell's been off the show for years! Ever since he had that bow and arrow accident..." Kermit said to himself.

"No! Not him. I'm talking about Walter, you know -- he's in the new movie!"

"Oh, well! The audience doesn't know him, so..."

"It would be good promotion for the movie!" pleaded Amy.

"Okay! Sure! I'll just..."

Walter popped up out of nowhere, "I'm right here!"

Walter was standing there staring into space. With is slightly tanned skin and black combed hair he was ready for his first appearance on The Muppet Show stage! Excited as ever, he eagerly ran to Jason's dressing room to tell him of the news.

Amy was slightly embarrassed but the Muppets all knew he was a die-hard fan.

Kermit then said to her, "Just go out there and knock um' dead!"

"Thanks, Kermit" Amy said as she went near the stage. There onstage stood Beauregard swept chunks of glass of the floor while the curtain was closed at the time. Beau alarmed her, "I'm almost done, Ms. Adams."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scooter walked up to Jason's dressing room where Jason and Walter sat talking about the movie. Scooter then had to interrupt since as he soon said, "Only 2 minutes till your song and dance number goes on."

"Well, Walter we better go get ready!" Jason stood up then and walked towards the door as Walter followed.

By the time the two got to the stage, Beauregard had finished sweeping. They immediately did their performance:

"Oh, Walter isn't great being right here on the Muppet Show stage!" Jason asked Walter as they walked around their set which was only lighted white background.

"You betcha' Gary" Walter replied.

"I just feel like I'm in a dream" Jason said.

"Well it's not dream!" Amy said to everyone

Jason started to sing, "Well let's have some fun! Let's have a celebration!"

"We're finally here! We're finally here!" Walter joined in.

"Let's have some fun! Let's have a celebration!"

"There's nothing more to say! It's indescribable!"

"We are here today! Together on this special day!"

The song kept on and a dance was in the middle of the number. The audience was clapping, well, all except Statler and Waldorf.

"I don't know why we got Jason Segel on the show tonight. He's so forgettable!" said the old coot Statler.

"Why do you say that?" Waldorf asked.

"I'm forgetting Forgetting Sarah Marshall!" he said as they began to laugh at the joke!

beakerboy: Hey, sorry about the stuff, just, hope you like Chapter 1 of the fic.