Fic: Muppets from Earth

Slackbot

Reaction score
Pictures? I was supposed to draw all this? Yeesh, and I've been wasting time doodling Camilla's little sea turtle.

I wouldn't call that bet gambling. I'd call it friendly one-upmanship. Dr. Teeth wouldn't have accepted such an odd challenge if he didn't already have an idea in mind, and Rowlf knows it. The real question is what Rowlf's going to have to do to keep up his end of the bargain. Hah hah hah.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:big_grin:: Too true, too true.
But "gambling on the score" has a better punning sound to it, if you catch the joke. Of corpse, that's once I throw the jokes away.
Lew: And the jokes come back to me! Aaaah.

Seriously, more please?

Slackbot

Reaction score
"Gambling on the score." I don't believe I didn't catch that. She on me. I've been researching marriage laws and citizenship qualifications and just what is involved in giving a deposition, all the funny leaked out of my brain.

More will come, but not immediately, as I'm now writing the first draft, and I put my stories through multiple drafts before I inflict them on anyone else.

BTW, I've been trying to work on character dynamics that weren't often seen. Rowlf and Dr. Teeth were fun to write, and I don't know if they ever even said hi in the show (for obvious reasons). I've been wanting to write a scene with those two for a while, and I'm only just getting comfortable with enough characters to start on this in earnest.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
"Gambling on the score." I don't believe I didn't catch that. She on me. I've been researching marriage laws and citizenship qualifications and just what is involved in giving a deposition, all the funny leaked out of my brain.
Boy, do I know the feeling. I know just about nothing about international politics, and I'm trying to orchestrate WWIII while juggling multiple plot lines--and I darn near had to tie myself down to stop myself from throwing in yet another plot line last week. Sometimes, writing means stopping to wonder why you hate yourself.

BTW, I've been trying to work on character dynamics that weren't often seen. Rowlf and Dr. Teeth were fun to write, and I don't know if they ever even said hi in the show (for obvious reasons). I've been wanting to write a scene with those two for a while, and I'm only just getting comfortable with enough characters to start on this in earnest.
I was JUST thinking, not so very long ago, that I would love to write a Dr. Teeth/Rowlf scene, because they're both Jim and both ivory-ticklers and what could possibly be bad about it? Except that I can't BEGIN to write Dr. Teeth. And besides that, the scene I was thinking of would have been in a whole other story that was almost just another plot line until I decided not to hate myself QUITE so much and... Yeah, basically, I was just pleased as punch (how pleased IS punch?) to find a Dr. Teeth/Rowlf scene in this last chapter. Definitely one of the best parts of my day. (...That WAS today, wasn't it? Feels like yesterday. For crying out loud, personal drama makes life take way too long...)

I do intend to get back to more detailed-reviewing for you in the near future. Sadly, my brain seems to have run away, and what brain power I can scrounge up must go towards the Dreaded Job Applications of Doom... So in the mean time, please know that I am in fact quietly enjoying the story, and... if anyone needs me... I'll be watching more Fraggle Rock. :coy:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Gelfling Girl, thanks! Epic, huh? Does this mean I'm going to have to writen an interminable poem in Gaelic about it? :wink:
Hehe, I'm sure Gonzo would have been much more interesting for people of ancient cultures to read about than Gilgamesh. :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
TogetherAgain:
Sometimes, writing means stopping to wonder why you hate yourself.
For me, that's getting past the first draft. I have a terrible time, sometimes, pulling words out of my brain and lining them up in a way that I hope makes sense. Once I finish that it's relatively easy (but much more time-consuming) to batter it into final shape.
I was JUST thinking, not so very long ago, that I would love to write a Dr. Teeth/Rowlf scene
So glad I could take that bullet for ya, then! Any other first- or second-string character you been waiting for? I just finished one rough scene--rough because I'm not fond of the focal character--and I'm trying to pull more characters into the fray.
I do intend to get back to more detailed-reviewing for you in the near future.
I look forward to it. :smile:

Gelfling Girl:
Hehe, I'm sure Gonzo would have been much more interesting for people of ancient cultures to read about than Gilgamesh.
I dunno, man. Gilgamesh was a redhead, and that gives him major coolness points right there. And is it a coincidence that Camilla is a redhead too? I think not! Whoever said that gentlemen prefer blondes didn't know what he was talking about.

...er, did I just call Gonzo a gentleman?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Gelfling Girl:
I dunno, man. Gilgamesh was a redhead, and that gives him major coolness points right there. And is it a coincidence that Camilla is a redhead too? I think not! Whoever said that gentlemen prefer blondes didn't know what he was talking about.

...er, did I just call Gonzo a gentleman?
Gilgamesh was a redhead? :flirt: Suddenly I'm much more interested in that epic, which may indeed be, by today's slang, epic. :wink: Either way, I'm a brunette.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
:0 Last two chapters have been inteeense. OwO I await more!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Gelfling Girl:
Gilgamesh was a redhead? :flirt: Suddenly I'm much more interested in that epic, which may indeed be, by today's slang, epic. :wink: Either way, I'm a brunette.
I have it on good authority - Robert A. Heinlein - that he was. I'm occasionally a redhead myself.

Lil0Vampy: These chapters certainly were intense to write. I tend to get inside of the characters as I write for, so all this Weirdo abuse is taxing. HOW long 'til that flippin' egg hatches...?

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
c: The suspense is exciting! Btw, I loved the Dr. Teeth and Rowlf interactions! I wanna learn Teeth's name. I bet it's Clyde. He looks like a Clyde. :big_grin: