FIGURE IT OUT: Revival of '90s Nickelodeon Game Show Premieres 6/11

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else watched the original FIGURE IT OUT with Summer Sanders as host where kids have a special talent and Nickelodeon stars have to "figure it out" by asking only Yes/No questions.

I am looking forward to the revival; it seems from the previews that it is close to the original, but when it premieres tomorrow (Monday, June 11th at 7:00pm|6:00pm CST) on Nickelodeon we'll have to "figure it out" for ourselves.

Anyone else who is fascinated with '90s Nick interested in seeing the show?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
i didn't watch figure it out, sadly, but i heard it was good, and i am a 90s kid, some of you probaly already know this but i'm 15 :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about it honestly. Nick game shows were like a staple of my childhood. I can't make any judgments until I actually see it

Teheheman

Reaction score
I saw the previews for it, I thought it was already on(I don't have cable) but it's just shows ya that nobody can come up with an original idea anymore considering they're reviving shows now.

Daniel

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well it's their show to revive.

I'll admit I watched the show, but honestly, I do hope they find kids that actually DO have talent. I mean in the show's first run, it featured kids with such "talent" as

Biting cheese into the shapes of US states

A kid that discovers peanut shells have the same scent as pig urine...

And a kid that collected toe jam and turned into a toe jam ball...

Ok there were a handful of kids with cool talents. But after just that tiny list of three, I have to ask myself...does this show REALLY need a revival?

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Not to mention the girl whose "talent" was to use her little brother's bare stomach as a "bowl" and to eat cereal (with milk) off of him. That one still burns in my brain.
I was really into the first couple of seasons, but I def. think the show was on for too long the first time around. But at least it introduced me to Summer Sanders...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not to mention the girl whose "talent" was to use her little brother's bare stomach as a "bowl" and to eat cereal (with milk) off of him. That one still burns in my brain.
I was really into the first couple of seasons, but I def. think the show was on for too long the first time around. But at least it introduced me to Summer Sanders...
Yeah, or the boy with "big dipper" on his back, which was basically moles that were almost in a formation that looked similar to the big dipper.

Hubert

Reaction score
I just watched the show. I'm still standing here in disbelief, facepalming about a thousand times. The one kid's talent (which it shouldn't be much of a problem that I'm telling you, as you already know it in the beginning anyhow, but I'll throw it in white print so you have to highlight it to see it anyway), was making syrup from tree sap. Now, I don't know if it's just because of where I live, but it isn't anything special. My one friend who a few minutes away from me does that. I can probably find you ten people within a 10 mile radius of my house that does that. It's nothing great. Nothing new...I mean really, our Muppet knowledge of our users here would be better on that show than that...

And plus...these kids win prizes for the simple fact that they have a talent...they don't even have to do anything except answer yes or no questions. The only thing that makes them win is how weird of a talent they have and what clues the panel is given.

I like the concept of it, but it could use some polishing...

Hubert

Reaction score
Franklin did...now can someone tell me, is this unheard of? Do I just happen to live in an odd town where this is common? I mean, if you get the right equipment and learn the right technique, about anyone can do it, it's not like biting cheese into the shapes of U.S. states or something...