Figure Variants: Most/Least Wanted

John Steffens

Reaction score
well I love the idea of the beaker figures.

The lower/rise beaker head, could be simple as a lever in his back that rises and lowers his head.

the electric Beaker could work, maye have a small watch battery installed in his back(or somewhere) where the inside of his head lights up!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Gonzo in the argyle sweater. That's a must for me.

Dirth and the princess would be great-- but it will never happen. Don't think Palisades can risk it, plus, I get the feeling they are a bit too reputable to do anything that fragrantly illegal. And even if they were willing, Henson would never approve it. But hey, beat the dead horse all ya want, just don't beat any live ones.

I want variety. Kermit with the banjo would be fun, but how different would he be from series 1 Kermit? Perhaps we need a banjo in a playset (could come with the stage, couldn't it?) or something like that.

Ummm I agree with Frogboy on the Piggy variants. They need to be very different. Piggy as Benjamina, that kind of thing.

I know MTI isn't all that popular, but I think there are some great figure possiblities in that movie. What works for Muppets fans in a movie may not be the same as what works for Muppet fans in a figure. (I've discovered some of my worst Muppet drawings make the best Muppet quilts, and like wise, some of my best drawings are pretty awful once quilted-- just saying sometimes you don't know what will work until you actually see it.)

I like the Animal in kimono with gong idea. That was a great Animal sketch. Was Animal in a 20s costume in the gangster sketch from the same ep? I could get behind 20s costumed figures.... Gonzo in a striped suit with a violin case....

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by John Steffens
well I love the idea of the beaker figures.

The lower/rise beaker head, could be simple as a lever in his back that rises and lowers his head.

the electric Beaker could work, maye have a small watch battery installed in his back(or somewhere) where the inside of his head lights up!
The Electric Beaker is probably easier to pull off. The main problem I imagine with the lowering/rising Beaker would be the sides of the head scraping against the collar of the shirt, and makinig the paint (on the shirt and/or the head peel off)
Stupid physics........

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Ok, I know we've got Beaker variations out the wazoo at the moment, so this one can be scheduled way down at the bottom of the list, but I just got this idea reading a review of Bunson at:
http://www.zentertainment.com/article.php?sid=4104
You just made my day...that was MY review. There's a new review coming on Wednesday. It's not Muppets, but check out my new rating system (assuming the editor okays it).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great review! I've quoted you twice! BTW welcome to the board!

GonzoFan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of the muppets as the Wizard of Oz characters? I am interested in seeing what they look like! Thanks!!!:smile:

grail

Reaction score
Really? That's so awesome...and it's just the beginning for Zen toy reviews. I already have 2 more completed, and one that's half done. I have to admit, though Mike and Ken and the gang over at Palisades have been the most accessable company I've yet talked to. Now if I could just get that interview up...soon, very soon...

dwmckim

Reaction score
What i would love to see more than anything - the one thing i would buy if i wasn't buying any other Muppet figures - would be a "scrunched-up face Kermit".

...and Piggy has appeared in a tux at least once - in the closing number of the Rudolph Nureyov episode (not saying i would want that as a figure though!)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
D.W,

Do you mean the 'Sheesh!' Kermit Face?

I would like that too !

Miss Piggy also wore that Circus Ring Leader Costume, Its a bit like a colorful Tux, aint it ?

See ya

towels

Reaction score
I'm still patiently waiting for Kermit the Pig.