Figures at Blockbuster...?

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I was looking through my semi-collection of muppet memorbilia and found quite a few things not pictured on this site,
(soon to be but still) but a few imperticular caught my eye. Does anyone remember any figures being released from Blockbuster? If so, how many were there and what were they like?:confused:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Blockbuster released four really simple, cheap plushes. Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie. Each toy is made of two pieces of cloth-- a front and a back sewn together. The image is printed on the fabric. Piggy's dress is a separate piece that goes over the printed plush. They're small, I'd guess about 7 or 8 inches.

These were very simple toys. I think they were intended for kids, not collectors. Do you remember the pillow dolls kids used to make? You'd buy a fabric panel that had a front and back image printed on it. You cut out the two images, place them right sides together, sew around the outside edge, turn them right side out and stuff. They used to make tons of these (there were some Muppet Babies at one time, Care Bears, lots of generic stuffed animals). Anyway, these dolls are similar to that. They are pretty easy to find on eBay and in second hand stores.

towels

Reaction score
If I remember right, Blockbuster also had Muppet Treasure Island dolls. I worked at one at the time, so I should know but...

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
hhhmmm... well thanx. thats nice to know I'm not going nutz. I basically go out mainly in second hand stores and thrift shops and tihngs like that and can usually have quite a bit of luck finding a lot of things. I just happen to find two Miss Piggys from that "collection". If it's worthy enought o be called that. I'vce never seen any kermit or Fozzie or Gonzo so it's good to know they're out there. thanx again!:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
BTW-- there is a picture of all four of the dolls in the collectibles section under Fast Food Toys.