Figures broken in packaging

jediX

Reaction score
I've been getting all of the figures & sets since wave 1 and I have noticed a sad trend. One figure or set in each wave (excluding wave 3) has busted on me or been defective BEFORE I removed it from its packaging. Now don't get me wrong here, the figures are high quality and very accurate and everything, but these breakages that aren't even my doing are really irritating me. Below is my list of what has been defective without me being able to determine it before opening:

Wave1: The helmet connected to the table in the beaker playset was broken off and superglue would not fix it.

Wave2: Floyd's bass patch cord was barely connected to his amp by a VERY fragile piece of undescribably thin plastic. This broke as I was cutting the plastic-covered wires (from behind the tray, mind you).

Wave4: I wondered why my Link's head was tilted sideways in the package and opening it revealed why: he has a huge weird defect in the side of his face. It looks like a giant hollow wart. The other figure defects are not that bad when compared to this!

I've never seen another line of figures thats been like this. I've been collecting Star Wars figures (new and vintage) since 1994 and I've never had one break on me or even be defective in packaging. Don't take this whole thing as an attack on Palisades or anything, but I don't think its right having these otherwise high-quality and very displayable articulated pieces of art damaged before I even open it. :frown:

Has anoyone else ever had similar problems with the line? :confused:

Stulz

Reaction score
Floyd

jediX said:
Has anoyone else ever had similar problems with the line? :confused:
:sing:
I had a problem with my Floyd figure.
It took me a while to notice it but his shoulder pads are missing on the version I kept in the package.

That's really the only problem I've had other then Dr. Teeth's hat that just doesn't want to stay on sometimes. Sure glad I mentioned Magnets to Ken...
:big_grin:

jediX

Reaction score
Quick correction...

The Muppet Labs playset's breakage was that the helmet AND the cables were broken off the little operating table thing, but the cables are still connected to the helmet. I've tried superglue and that did nothing....I also tried that on Floyd as well. Where's the quality control???? :embarrassed: :cry:

WiGgY

Reaction score
jediX said:
Quick correction...

The Muppet Labs playset's breakage was that the helmet AND the cables were broken off the little operating table thing, but the cables are still connected to the helmet. I've tried superglue and that did nothing....I also tried that on Floyd as well. Where's the quality control???? :embarrassed: :cry:
The problem with the lab set was due to the crappy factory that originally did the figures. They messed up and didn't use the wire they were told to use.

The other stuff is just freakish. There have been no problems reported about a disfigured Link or anything like that, and with Floyd's amp wire, that was because the wire is thin. It's also why Janic will have no wire connected to the amp and guitar.

There isn't a lack of quality control, it's just that the first factory was crap. If there are any problems in series 4, it's probably just some freakish random occurance that got through the cracks. They can't check every single figure, but they can do random checks. The only problem with Random checks is that one or two bad eggs still can get ut there.

jediX

Reaction score
Its still bs if you ask me. For $9 a figure and $30 for a playset it dang well better be right. With other lines of figures that you can get for $4.99 (heck, I just saw some SW figures for $1.99 at KB the other day) I wouldn't mind getting a duplicate of to replace a defect, but $9 is a tad much for something that should have been right in the first place.

Freakish? I think not. The reason I picked the Link with the tilted head was because the other Link that Suncoast had had faulty painting on the chest logo.

::sigh:: I wish I could just get the blasted thing replaced or refunded :cry:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Be proactive. Instead of complaining in a thread that the interested parties will probably never see you should take matters into your own hands.

First, contact the place where you bought the items and ask to exchange them. If that doesn't work, contact Palisades. They have a service set up for this very thing and they are quite good about such things. It appears that you have waited a while to voice your concerns and that will probably work against you for anything older than series four.

I don’t see that you’ve had that many real issues. The Floyd cord broke while you were cutting it. Palisades isn't responsible for that.

The Lab was an unfortunate series one issue that has been mentioned many times by Palisades. Nothing can probably be done about that. The factory used the wrong wires on the piece. They have since been fired from the line. I recommend finding your own softer wire at a craft store and gluing them on. There is a possibility you could be refunded depending on when you purchased it, but any replacement would still have the same issue.

Your Link problem is completely legit. However I can't understand why you'd buy something that looked funky in the package. There are many places to order these figures that do have QC assurances. You can probably get your Link replaced free of charge.

I don’t see that you’ve had a bad experience at all. I have two of nearly every figure made and haven’t had a real issue yet.

Hope this helped.

jediX

Reaction score
Meh, I'm just really stressed out right now and I'm trying to get out some frustration by pointlessly complaining about things. If you want to know about it AIM me under "Slerion" or I could just go start another thread :cry:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Stulz said:
Dr. Teeth's hat that just doesn't want to stay on sometimes. Sure glad I mentioned Magnets to Ken...
:big_grin:
I have that very very small problem with dr teeths hat too but its no big deal, it only falls of if the cat gets up on the shelf or something or if I knock some over like I usually do when im changing the postition of another figure.

my series 1 kermit was a little bent over for a while but he seems ok now. I have no problems with any of the figures, they are all great. Im glad they arent adding another guitar cord for janice, the floyd figure gets annoying sometimes as the cord twists and causes the amp to fall but its fine now. My Floyd seems to be a bit loosly jointed too, when you stand him up in a position he sometimes falls out of position. They have a mind of their own these toys! lol

I know they are excellent quality figures because lots of mine have accidentally fallen from the shelf to the ground and none are broken and there wasnt even a paint dent, they all fell on carpet though.

I woke up one night from a loud band and something landing on my head, to my surprise I had dr bunsen honeydue and gonzo on my bed, bunsen had fallen on my head during the night as something behind the figures fell and pushed them off. I got a real shock. lol. I have my bed right under most of my shelves. None have ever been broken or damaged they are all great, the only worry I had with them is sometimes when I try to make them hold an accessory they might lose a tiny bit of paint in the hand and the same happens on the joints sometimes too, you need a microscope to see it though, no problems at all.

from,
Paul :smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
I constantly have problems with stiff joints which I think is pretty much BS. The thing about action figures is that they're supposed to MOVE. Ever since the beginning of the line, some of my figures can be compared to PVC's. This problem got pretty dramatic when I broke my Animal's right hand off when trying to twist it gently (I mean, if the left hand is supposed to twist, isn't the right one?)

It's gotten pretty annoying in series 4, since both my Sam Eagle and Strangepork have one completely unmovable foot and I just don't DARE to try and cure that problem myself! I'm constantly afraid of breaking the figures!

Why bother to paint the joints, anyway, if it creates such problems?

Aerosmith

Reaction score
You are right they are action figures and stuck joints are a problem that comes with alot of action figures(exspecially McFarlane figures). If you want to take a chance on getting them unstuck wrap them in a napkin and stick them in the freezer for about an hour or two. Then try twisting the joint. Worked for me on Animal, Floyd, Lew, Scooter, and Strangepork. :smile: