1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Finally a Decent Miss Piggy Plush

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by LeanneFuller, Feb 14, 2014.

1. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

2. LeanneFuller

I also ordered a Kermit and Rowlf for added measure

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I hope that the doll you get looks as good as the ones in the photo. As we found out in 2011, your mileage can vary widely.

4. LeanneFuller

I know but the Disney Store pictures are usually a good representative, the original 2011, which I never liked looks nothing like this one.

The 2014 has blush and the face eye proportions, I'll post pictures when she gets here.

5. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

WOAH......That plush is good.....
    [​IMG]: I think a certain some-a-one is hammin' it up!!!''Chuckles''
    Me:Hey!!!​

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  6. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Wait....a Piggy plush that looks like Piggy? I didn't think this would ever happen.

7. LeanneFuller

8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

We have to face one thing. There are characters who's likenesses don't translate into plush that well, and Piggy is one of them. That's not to say there weren't good plushes here and there (and I refuse to acknowledge plastic heads. They're not true plush), but overall, they don't look like they should. The 2 Disney released Piggy plush are some of the best I've seen, despite the fact that they can wildly differ. These are among the first I've seen they didn't cheat the likeness by having her wear a hat.

I actually find Disney Store plushes to be of some of the best quality. The fabric they use is always nice. I've seen too many carnival prize quality toys with sloppy, thin fabrics.

Duke Remington likes this.
  9. LeanneFuller

I got home tonight and they arrived. Piggy is amazing and I love the Rowlf one too. Kermit is so, so but I am really happy with these plushes. Well done Disney Store

10. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I've definitely never wanted a Piggy plush more! (AND DEFINITELY A ROWLF BUT THAT'S A WHOLE 'NOTHER STORY. :sympathy: He's like, my favorite thing in the world.)

Something about her LOUD pink dress in 2011 and that headband really turned me off. :mad: This green is quite nice on her, and her hair could be pretty vivacious!

@LeanneFuller, how did you find the quality of your Miss Piggy to compare to the photos? And is her hair limp and hard to fluff, or is it pretty bouncy and full? Thanks!

LeanneFuller likes this.
  11. LeanneFuller

Both Paul and I really love all three, the hair is great and I think that the facial expression is the best version of Piggy I've ever seen in a plush. She gets full marks from us. Rowlf is amazing too. He has a bean stuffed bottom, so he sits up nicely. I am afraid I have lost him to my husband. I am glad we purchased them.

Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  12. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Disney Muppet plushes are on sale for $12 each on the Disney Store website!!

This is the only place I've seen MMW Disney Muppet plush discussed at MCF, and because it is perhaps a temporary offer of sorts I thought better than to make a new thread.

I know I ordered my Rowlf a bit over a week ago now and have since received him, so there might still be folks on this forum who haven't gotten Muppet plush they really wanted yet. This would be nice for them...though I'm a little worried about the implications of this sale? It's looking like Monsters University stuff are the only things on any significant discount besides the Muppet plush line.

13. fluffykins

fluffykins New Member

I have this plush and it's probable the best recent attempt at Piggy, but nothing compares to the authenticity of the 1980's rubber Piggy.

Still waiting for a toy that captures the character of the puppet though.