1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Finally got my new computer!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 25, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, pardon me for a moment whilst I brag about my new toy from good ol' HP, a dandy little machine that's been a long time coming! Man, I love it! Really snazzy, and the speed! THE SPEED! When Phil changed the forum last summer, MC became slooooow on my old computer, taking anywhere between thirty seconds, to over a minute just for a thread or a page to load, and don't even get me started on watching videos on YouTube... 480p and over was a sick joke, standard 360p quality was choppy after a minute, even 240p was screwed after the XP Security virus got me in December... but now, MC's fast as lightning, as are other sites, and it's so cool to actually be able to enjoy HD/HQ videos on YT! What's not to love about nearly 600GB of diskspace, 8GB of RAM, and 17.3'' screen that properly adjusts to 4:3 resolutions? Such an improvement from my old computer... here, just see the difference for yourself!

[​IMG]

Remember when 512MB of RAM was to be impressed with? :cry: I'm quickly getting used to Windows 7 as well, though there are some things that made XP superior, like more customizing/personalizing, and apparently my old software and hardware isn't compatible... which is odd, considering I've been using the same screensaver program since the old Windows 95 days (remember those), and it's been compatible with 98, 2000, and XP, but not 7? Neither my printer nor my scanner are compatible with it either, but I still have my old computer to use when necessary, so yeah, it's not that big a deal.

So, close the curtains, lock the doors, make the squeamish look away, because the snowth is back in full force folkses! :excited:

[​IMG]
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    D'Snowth likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

Thank-un you! It certainly is great to be able to actually enjoy the new MC the way Phil intended it to be (though I'm used to it, I still prefered the older forum); plus, it's also nice not having to worry about when other large websites suddenly switch to crappy new layouts and interfaces and such that they'll suddenly become super-slow because my machine isn't able to handle it.

And it's definitely going to be nice to create/edit videos without the entire computer crashing while trying to save the project in a large, high quality file.
  4. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

*runs in, arms flailing* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Grape Nehis all around! *throws confetti and puts a cigar in Snowthie's mouth*
    D'Snowth likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

*Puffs* Nothin' like a good cigar on a bright clear morning!

*Coughs* Or cream of wheat...
    Beakerfan likes this.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Glad that MC is working better for you now. That's great! Enjoy the new system.
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yaay! Maybe we could throw you a party! Oh wait, they don't work too well online.

Maybe a virtual party! With virtual party favors! And virtual invitations! I'll go call virtual Dairy Queen and buy a virtual cake!
  8. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

If virtual cake will be there, I'm in! :D

Happy new computer! My current one is freaking out on me, so I may get a new one myself shortly.
    Hubert likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

WE'RE GONNA ROCK-N-ROLL ALL NIIIIIIIGHT...
    AND PARTY EV-ER-Y-DAY!
  10. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

*runs into the thread wearing black and white face paint and leather pants*

*looks around*

*crickets*
    newsmanfan likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

Who invited this stripper mime?
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    Ack! Do NOT let him do the "pants are stuck on a nail" routine!!

Congrats Snowth...though I still roll my eyes at anyone deliberately CHOOSING WinDoze, the single WORST OS in the world... :)
    ----------------
  13. D'Snowth

That's why I have Windows instead of Windoze.
  14. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Same thing, dear. Saaaaame thing.

--------------
  15. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Well, I was planning more of a "bat-out-of-****" routine, but... *snaps fingers*

*RELAX by Frankie Goes to Hollywood begins to play*
    newsmanfan likes this.
  16. D'Snowth

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!!! I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!!!

LOOK AT THIS: http://news.yahoo.com/windows-8-con...microsofts-operating-233728084--abc-news.html

This ALWAYS happens, and I HATE when it happens! Every single fricken time we get something new in the world of digital technology, no sooner does it become the norm, then suddenly the top dawgs are like, 'Oh gee, sorry, but you're out-dated now, we're gonna have to force you to upgrade to the next best thing again, even though we just made you do that anyway." GAH! IT GETS ON MY FRICKEN NERVES!!! WHY THE **** CAN'T THEY JUST GIVE US ONE THING, EVERYBODY BE HAPPY WITH THAT ONE THING, AND JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT?! :mad: :rolleyes: :attitude: :boo: :grr: :crazy: :cry: :scary: :( :grouchy: :smirk: :sigh:
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Nobody's landed yet. You're really not supposed to adopt anything, especially Windows-based, until it's been out for a year. Remember Vista? They never did get that right. Let the alpha-consumer lab rats nip at the initial offering. Other than that, technology is always moving forward. That's why we have cellphones that aren't the size of bricks and home videos that no longer have to be rewound. Your new computer looks really cool. I just got one too. It will still be fantastic for a few years. No worries! :cool:
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Woah, how about another piece of virtual cake to cheer you up? :)
  19. D'Snowth

Make sure it's a BIG piece, please. :halo:
  20. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

*in a puff of smoke, changes from the leather pants to a belly dancing outfit* I could cheer-oof! *trips on skirt*