FINALLY!!!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I was FINALLY able to get the 1983 chipmunk plush set from ebay! Here's the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111171458904?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 I haven't gotten them yet, but they should be here soon. So expect a lot of pictures once they arrive! The only bad thing about this lot is that Simon's glasses are broken, so hopefully I can get a new pair for him. But for now, no glasses is fine with me. I'm just so excited to finally have something vintage in my collection! Does anyone else have the plush dolls? I'd love to hear some stories about them!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I once tried to obtain a set of Gund plushes that looked like the 60s Chipmunks, mainly because they were the most accurate-looking plushes I've ever seen. The plush toys always seemed to be hit or miss, but mostly misses. In the early 90s, Target had a set of Chipette knickerbocker-like plushes that looked very much like The Chipettes, except they put them in what looked like Oktoburfest dresses rather than their signature outfits (and apparently not a whole lot of them were made). Of course, in more recent years, the novelty Christmas items they've come out with have looked VERY much like The Chipmunks before they went CGI, such as Alvin and his hula hoop, The Chipmunks decorating a Christmas tree, The Chipmunks on a sled, etc.

I've tried to build up a collection, but so far, aside from DVDs and a couple of CDs, the ONLY piece of merchandise I have is a KFC toy of Brittany in her 1950s sockhop dress and miscolored hair.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Hm, I've never seen this Brittany you'r talking about.. maybe I'll have to look for them. and I know what Gund Plushes you're talking about, but I've never seen a Theodore on ebay.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hm, I've never seen this Brittany you'r talking about..
I used it in that MORON LEAGUE, SEQUEL! short I did years ago.

I think there was a set that KFC released with its kids meals in like 1990 or 1991 or so, they were almost rubbery figures that each came with a plastic item, the Brittany came with a jukebox, and I guess the set is them putting on a televised concert, because of them (either Simon or Theodore) came with a TV camera.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Oh, NOW I remember. I actually watched that and commented about the Brittany.