First foam & fleece puppet

Liza

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and hope you don't mind giving me some advice. Although I'm not making a replica muppet, I'm making a dragon using foam and covering it with fleece. I have found loads of help here and am amazed at the generosity of people who don't mind sharing their methods…thank you!

I've made and covered a mouth plate, put in finger tubes and modelled the top jaw so far. Can I ask if you guys tend to glue the foam to the mouth plate before starting to attach the fleece?

Sorry if this has been dealt with somewhere else - I'm still finding my way round. Thanks!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Hiya, welcome to the forum :smile:
Yes, typically you would fix everything together before you start to cover with fleece. You might have seen this video already but if you havent its a great little tutorial when it comes to making patterns, mouthplates etc

Hope that helps :smile:

Liza

Reaction score
Thanks, that was really helpful. I had already made and covered my mouth plate and have been building it outwards from there so I think I've been kind of working backwards. The puppet isn't as evenly shaped as a round headed one so I thought I would try sewing the fleece straight on rather than make a pattern and sew it inside out. I now wish I had made a round headed one to start with so I could have a go at the techniques! Oh well. Thanks again.