First Fraggle Rock episode you ever saw

Snuffylover

Reaction score
Okay everyone think hard. What's the very first episode of Fraggle Rock you can remember seeing? For me it was Red's club, when I was 4 years old back in 1985 when we first got cable and HBO. I remember falling in love with the show and thinking cotterpin doozer was great. Also, always thought the Red and Cotterpin friendship was great but unfortunatley it was only shown in 4 episodes. So what was the first Fraggle episode you ever saw? :coy:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think the first episode of Fraggle Rock I ever saw was "Beginnings" and the second episode I saw was "A Friend in Need". The reason is that at the library I used to go to when I was little in Florida, there was a Fraggle Rock video that had those episodes and I borrowed it and fell in love with the show from there. I also watched several episodes of the show on Odessey before school, I think I remember seeing most of the episodes from either season two or seasons three or four.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
You know, to be honest ... I don't really remember. It was so long ago, LOL. I have childhood memories of Pa and Ma singing their "I Give to Thee" song ... but now I can't tell whether I ever saw the episode or I was watching The Secret of the Muppets or whatever on JHH.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The first one. I pretty much watched them in order on Netflix.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
While I'm quite certain I saw some episodes before it, the first one I remember seeing was "The Preachification of Convincing John". It sticks out in my mind mostly because I drove my parents nuts singing the Convincing John song over and over again for almost a week.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I want to say it's Preachification of Convincing John. My parents watched the original run on HBO in the 80's and I just caught reruns on Disney in the 90's. I was mesmerized and have been so ever since.

beau

Reaction score
The first one. I seriously never got to watch it until it's recent HUB premiere, as I never had HBO.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'm with Beau. The first one I ever saw was "The Beginning" two days ago. I'm actually glad I got to see that one first. It was a good introduction to the Fraggles (as any Pilot should be :smile:)

Pork

Reaction score
The first episode I ever saw was "Doomsday Soup", then of course, I had to go and watch every episode that came before it :stick_out_tongue:

dwmckim

Reaction score
The answer's not that exciting (the first episode, Beginnings) but the story behind it is better.

I didn't have HBO at the time (or even basic cable yet), and i had been so depressed over a new Muppet series being on a channel i didn't have ever since i first heard about it. However at that time i lived in Ohio so we got CBC from Canada. I was watching something on it and saw a commercial for Fraggle Rock! I was going to see it after all!

HBO was further ahead of showing the episodes, (they started out about four weeks difference and since there was the occasional week CBC would show a repeat or got pre-empted they fell further behind) so whenever i went to a friend's house that got HBO, it was a special treat to see a "sneak peak" of an upcoming episode - the first time this happened was the "We Love You, Wembley" episode and i remember thinking "WOW, quite a bit of changes" and i was even wondering if Gobo always looked that different on HBO!

Eventually we got basic cable in mid 83 but not HBO (a premium channel), but you could still turn the box to where the channel was supposed to be and hear the show with a distorted picture (and by playing with the tv controls, could get a "better" version of the picture basically resembling a snowy black and white version). Every now and then there would be a "Free HBO week" where households would get HBO in their home (even those without cable) in the hopes that people would then subscribe - and by some quirk, we ended up with HBO sticking around on the set for awhile after Free HBO week was supposed to be over!

Veering further off the original subject, i remember getting my first vcr in 1984 and taking awhile to figure out a way to hook it up to record shows on cable so if i was watching something on a cable station, i would set up a video camera at the tv screen!

One more random memory - when watching the second episode of FR, i was eating pumpkin pie and noticed Gobo was the same color of orange so since then original Gobo always reminded me of pumpkin pie!