First image of Seth MacFarlane's upcoming western

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sarah Silverman, eh, not sure why she's funny (except for that Matt Damon thing maybe, lol). But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Ted so I'd be willing to give this a try. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I lost interest as soon as you said NPH was in it.

Seth MacFarlane really doesn't need to make movies; vulgar, low-brow comedy movies are a dime a dozen anyway, have been for years now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seth MacFarlane really doesn't need to make movies; vulgar, low-brow comedy movies are a dime a dozen anyway, have been for years now.
Seth's becoming a far better movie maker than that lets on. Ted may have been vulgar, but darned if it wasn't one of the best comedy movies in recent years. It was a nice little tongue in cheek parody of 1980's style kid's movies. And, let's face it, those were pretty vulgar themselves. Like the insults being flung at the table during the beginning of E.T.... ouch. Realistic, but ouch.

I think Seth's been begging to move away for animation for some time. I think he gets too much blame for Dads being... well... a disappointment is the best thing I can say about it. He just gave money to it (he doesn't write it), and there are quite a few former Simpsons people that are producers as well.

Sarah Silverman, eh, not sure why she's funny (except for that Matt Damon thing maybe, lol).
She works better in animation, actually. I really loved Vanelope VonSchweetz (or however that's spelt) in Wreck-it Ralph. And whatever one of the twins she plays on Bob's Burgers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It was a nice little tongue in cheek parody of 1980's style kid's movies. And, let's face it, those were pretty vulgar themselves. Like the insults being flung at the table during the beginning of E.T.... ouch. Realistic, but ouch.
Yeah a lot of people forget out risque '80s family movies could be. I think it's partly because we're used to seeing them in their TV edited versions, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd argue that some of those "family" movies from the 80s weren't really "family" movies at all, but, eh... what do I know?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd argue that some of those "family" movies from the 80s weren't really "family" movies at all, but, eh... what do I know?
Probably the most bizarre example of this was 1985's Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend. Still hard to understand how that one got by the censors. Language, people! :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Watch Spaceballs.

Then realize it has a PG rating.

Be AMAZED! They even let the F word in.

As for Ted, it wasn't any raunchier than an Appatow film. Had some very Family Guy-esque offensive humor (but unlike most of the time, it worked)... and you ever been to Boston? I know people like Matt Damon's character. Heck, it took this state forever to stop using the word "Rah-TAAAHH-Ded."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Watch Spaceballs.

Then realize it has a PG rating.

Be AMAZED! They even let the F word in.
I worked at a summer camp that tried to enforce a rule that the kids were only allowed to watch G rated movies. One time I asked about a PG movie and the counselor looked all annoyed and asked what movie it was. I said, ".....It's E.T." And she was all, "Ohhhh ok, that's fine!" Lol :stick_out_tongue:

The ratings system has always been a lot of nonsense. Just parent your child, please, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The ratings system has always been a lot of nonsense. Just parent your child, please, lol.
To be fair, a lot of old PG movies were only PG because PG-13 didn't exist. It's jarring to see PG movies that are the equivalent of PG-13, even R movies for the language. I always found it bull when someone puts forth some idiotic study about how PG films are the equivalent of PG-13 and PG-13 is R... then you see these action movies have to dumb themselves down to PG-13 to get a bigger audience and losing the original audience in the process.