First look at the newest Sonic series

mr3urious

Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/meet-the-new-soni...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

I like how Sonic's personality is much like how he was in the Adventures cartoon. They've also got the same voice actors as the games, and the CGI quality is about as good as the cutscenes from the games, too. Still haven't quite adjusted to Knuckles' new muscles, though.

Sega's even got a toyline and a prequel game coming out for Nintendo platforms to tie into it. The Wii U version is being developed by former Crash Bandicoot developers, which is interesting. Bandicoot in my hedgehog? What could be better? :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta see more of Knuckles in action to see how that's going to play out.

But I really love that they got the video game voice actors for this one. Especially since Mike is still Dr. Eggman. he's been my favorite version of the character, second only to the wonderfully hammy Long John Baldry's interpretation... and yes, I like Mike's Eggman more than Jim Cummings and you know how big a fan of his I am. This series along with that new Pac-Man show...hey, I'll even throw in those wonderful Angry birds shorts...give a very bright future for video game based TV shows. Too bad Nintendo still doesn't take the hint and let them license out a new Mario series. If anything, it could be a nice little outlet to get younger fans in. They need it, it's not the time to be choosy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
From what I hear, Sonic isn't really all that popular in Japan. He's popular enough, but not huge. Now, he's supposedly humongous in the UK.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My firsts thoughts were that is gave off a very strong ratchet and clank vibe

I'm going to that guy who has to whine though.

I HATE what they did to Knuckles. He just looks...odd. I think its the scrawny legs with a big buff upper body. Maybe if he was a little more proportionate he wouldn't look so ew

Now Tails and Amy, I LOVE their designs. Tails just looks awesome. Also, here. Gameplay footage.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. Can't say I'm huge into that new Knuckles design, but on the other hand, not as bad as I thought it would be.

I seriously hope they expand the cast and get the Chaotix team in the series. It's a shame they were so underused in Sonic X. Especially since they kinda ruined their premiere episode by turning it into a clip show in the dub. I guess somehow they couldn't advertise DVD's of the series on the series or something.