1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

First Muppet movie TV commercial on the Disney Channel

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Psammeadboi, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

I just finished watching Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension and there was the first commercial for The Muppets!

It was quite incredible to see a brand new commercial featuring some footage we've seen in the trailers and some new footage.

I'm glad they chose to air it during Phineas and Ferb, as it says a lot about the target audience.

Oh boy, was it an awesome experience. :)
  2. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I saw that too! It's awesome!
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to wait a few weeks and spend 20 bucks to see that movie. And it will be worth it (right? was it good? I'm all about the P&F).
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It didn't play on the repeat sadly (unless it happened in the first half-hour I missed).
  6. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

It was during the first half hour of the premiere. Here's a brief synopsis:

Narrator (over the corresponding text): What's green . . . and blue . . . and pink, and orange, and yellow? Has 52 arms, 52 legs, and 26 heads? It's a frog, a pig, a bear, a dog, and a weirdo. It's The Muppets in their brand new movie.

This opening narration was over very colorful text and backgrounds and followed by by clips from the movie with "We Built this City" as background music. There was an odd clip of a human body with a Fozzie head and hands.

I was just so happy to see Disney Channel finally have something Muppet related!
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I think that was the gang's disguise to get into see Piggy in France? If you look closely, you can see that one of the hands belongs to Scooter while the head and other hand are Fozzie's... and the body is obviously Segel's. So methinks its some elaborate (read: not all that elaborate) disguise.
  8. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I still haven't caught the tv ad yet, but have gone back to keeping my tv on Disney Channel in the background or running the tape recorder to see if i can catch any Muppet mentions/appearances (you'd think by now they'd have had SOME kind of teaser interstitials where they do some behind the scenes interviews or the like...practically all thier other all-ages properties get ample coverage) and while i haven't yet seen the commercial, i did catch the old interstitial of Kermit's "You're watching Disney Channel" - which is at least a small step forward; they didn't even play these around the time of Studio DC!
  9. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I saw that too!!! I was so psyched to see that since they haven't been seen in a real long time! It's a real good sign that for the franchise!
  10. Walter

Walter Active Member

YEAAAAHHH!!!!! This is awesome! Muppetdomination has started!!
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  11. dwmckim

...and they just played the Gonzo interstitial this last hour.
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  12. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

It was good, it will be well worth twenty bucks to see (and keep forever) even if it is only 76 or so minutes. And the DVD will even have onena those fancy Digital Copies that are all the rage with the kids right now. :news:

Anywho, we normally mute the TV during commercials on Disney Channel (since it's just more Disney Channel stuff), but when me and my brother saw the Muppets, I went for the remote so fast, I knocked our Purell bottle onto the floor.

I must say, it made my night even better. :electric:
  13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Wish someone would put it on youtube.
  14. dwmckim

...and they just showed the Piggy interstitial! Still haven't seen the movie ad or anything else but it's about time DC rolled these back out!
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  15. dwmckim

As you can tell by now, i've been keeping a good watch of Disney Channel. As far as i can tell the The Muppets commercial hasn't aired again since the premiere showing of the Phineus & Ferb movie but the Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo identification bumpers have been taken out of the back shelf of the closet and been airing frequently throughout the weekend. (Haven't seen them show the Animal or Pepe ones yet). Hopefully this is the warm up to DC showing more Muppet stuff during its commercial breaks...or even actual programming like repeats of the movies or Studio DC.
  16. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

^ I hope so! I saw the Gonzo bumper and freaked out, I don't know what I would do if they aired one of the movies!
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  17. dwmckim

I do know that a segment with Miss Piggy was taped for Take Two with Phineas and Ferb so i suspect that may be rolled out soon.
  18. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I saw it too. I got a little excited. :)
  19. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

You're kidding. :skeptical: (Please tell me you're not kidding.)
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  20. dwmckim

I'm in the mood for Show instead of Tell today, so instead of telling you i'm not kidding, i'll just say...keep your eye on the Mouse (not the computer one)