First Season Muppet Morsels for Cut Scenes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since some songs from the first season of The Muppet Show were cut on DVD, I thought I'd create some morsels for them.

Here are some made-up morsels for the cut sketches from the Joel Grey episode:

For the first Muppet News Flash:

This is the first Muppet News Flash sketch.

In his first appearance, The Newsman does not have glasses. Later on, he will get glasses.

For the first season, The Newsman was called Muppet Reporter in the scripts.

For Stormy Weather:

This is Wayne and Wanda;s first performance on The Muppet Show. Normally, their acts would end early, usually due to an on-stage accident.

Stormy Weather was written by Harld Arlen and Ted Koehler.

For the second Muppet News Flash:

Both News Flash sketches from this episode were tapped sometime after the episode was taped and added after the original master copy was produced.

The Newsman was performed by Jim Henson.

And here are some possible Morsels for the cut scenes from the Jim Nabors episode:

For Gone with the Wind:

Gone with the Wind was written by (insert the names of the writer/ writers here... I don't know who wrote it).

As heard here, while Jim Nabors talks with a southern accent, he can sing with an operatic voice.

The movie Gone witht he Wind was made in 1939. The Muppet Movie included a few references, including a line from Kermit, who, after his bicycle get's run over by a steamroller, he says that "If frogs couldn't hop, I'd be gone with the swinn."

This song was also performed during the first season of Sesame Street, performed almost similar to how it is performed here.

Many Henson productions have featured trunk characters, with blank faces that can have facial parts added to make the characters become anything. This allows the girl in this sketch to have her hair fly off.

On Sesame Street, the trunk characters were called Anything People, and later Anything Muppets. On The Muppet Show, they are called Whatnots. On Dinosaurs, there is a simlar type of characters called Unisaurs, but they pretty much always have the same facial features, including permaneantly-included eyes.

For Danceros:

The previous backstage scene, this backstage scene, and the next backstage scene were all adapted in The Muppet Show Book. However, in the book's adaption of this sceen, Scooter says that his uncles favorite act is Mahna Mahna instead of danceros.

The Danceros is performed inf ront of a black background, witht eh performer dressed in black as to be invisible.

This technique was used a lot on The Muppet Shw and many other Henson productions and talk show appearances. Characters to use this technique include The Snerfs, the Java creatures, The Bossmen, and The Gazelles.

The Danceros was performed by John Lovelady.

I'll post more "morsels" later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are some morsels for the All of Me number from the Paul Williams episode:

All of Me was written by Seymour Simons and Gerald Marks.

This segment had one of the most takes recorded for an individual Muppet Show skit.

The monster singing this number was performed by Jerry Nelson. He isdressed in black, matching the background, so that he can't be seen then it's just the head floating around.

The monster in this number never appeared again. However, the female monster here is Miss Kitty, in drag.

And here are some morsels for Charles Aznavour's Dance the Old Fashioned Way:

Dance the Old Fashioned Way was written by Charles Aznavour.

Besides Mildred, the other dancers in this number are full-body muppets. There have been many full-body muppets in the history of the muppets.

Later on, it would be common for members of the Royal Opera House to appear on the muppet show, performing full-bodied dancing characters.

One of the dancers in this number was the Muppet who fought with Rita Moreno four episodes ago.

And here are some morsels for Vincent Price's You've Got a Friend number:

This song was written by Carole King. King also wrote I Feel the Earth Move, which would be performed by Loretta Switt in the show's fifth season.

It has been made famous by James Taylor.

Many of the monsters in this number were created for The Great Santa Clause Switch.

However, this number, and the episode in general, features a number of newly-created monsters, including Uncle Deadley, The Ghosts, and the Three-Headed Monster.

This episodes UK spot is the only time in this episode where there are three ghosts instead of two. The ghosts were performed by Richard Hunt, John Lovelady, and Eren Ozker.

The purple lizard-like creature in this episode is believed to be the frackle that evolved into Lenny the Lizard.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very good minor. They read very believably like true muppet morsels.

You shall have to do fiction morsels for the other season releases.

Not that we wish for edits to be made on them of course :wink:
Let's hope there are none but if there sadly are I'd love to read your morsels at least for compensation my friend :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I have read on some Looney Tunes messgage boards that a fan recorded his own audio commentary for a few Looney Tunes shorts not currently available on DVD (I think Mexican Boarders is one of them) and put them on You Tube. I wonder if anybody who has copies of the cut sceens and the proper editing equipment thought about making their own morsels and putting the clips up on You Tube.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Let's bump up a second helping of these yummy morsels :wink: