Fisher Price 40th anniversary plush

Drtooth

Reaction score
While not as grand as some of Gund's 35th anniversary mini-plush line up, or as impressive as Tyco's 30th anniversary Bean bag set, a still amazing 40th anniversary set was released by Fisher Price along with the playset and figures.

I haven't seen all of them, but I can confirm 4

Grover
Oscar the Grouch in his can (looks similar to the larger talking plush)
A Light Blue Green Honker
and a Count VonCount... perhaps one of the finest Count plush I've ever seen.

I'm sure there are other characters, but I only saw these plush at this one Target I don't get to very often. Man, I want that Count. Wish I had a picture.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I went to Target looking for these (mostly in pursuit of the Count plush--MAN I want that thing!) and all I could find there was Ernie and the Honker. I was very disappointed... but then I got a Snuffy Collect-a-Pal and I felt better. :stick_out_tongue:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I own the Oscar. I agree. He def looks like the larger, talking doll. I was thankful to find the small one, because i really wanted the larger one, as its appearance looks great... but i didnt care for the talking features... and the smaller one fits well on my desk

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel the same way too... I LOVE the fact they have a large talking Oscar plush... but I have no room for it, and I never really collect talking plush that much. Other than that Kermit from Macy's, I don't have a single one in my collection.

There was a picture of the entire collection at Muppet wiki, but I think it's since been removed.

But trust me on this... the Count is the finest plush Count I've ever seen. Even better than the larger Gund one.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
when I was on vacation this past August I was at a toy shop and I saw a really big Grover and a couple of sesame street plush characters off to the side on top of a toy box, I am not sure if they were for the 40th anniversary or not but they looked cool, I will be on the look out and see if I find any of the 40th anniversary plush and I will let you know if I do find anything. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I do love that bean bag plush set, though I only have Shemlock Hemlock at the moment.

But I'll have to check my local Target for these, I would love that Count and Oscar ones. Though I try not to be much of a plush collector, although I actually do have a lot, :smile:. But that's because I've won so many times at those claw grabs games. I really only keep the Sherlock Hemlock one, a really nice looking Kermit plush I won from the grab game, and a really nice Bolt that I had to get by buying Lilo and Stitch and Bolt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was recently at Target, and it seems they restocked them for the holidays. They sold pretty fast and pretty well. I don't know if it's like this nationally, but I only saw them in small wire baskets in the preschool toy section... same where the Collect-a-pals, Die cast cars, and Stack figures (and Mr. Men figures). If you can, grab them at once. They're going fast. I don't have the money to get any, myself. But I'd definitely get the Count. best Count Plush I've seen so far.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I actually went to a local Target for the sole purpose of looking for these. All I could find is Oscar and I loved it. Sadly as the case with you Drtooth, I don't have the money for this item either. I don't really have the room for it as at the moment, I'm currently looking into downsizing my collection. I'm running out of room between my collection of toys, Pez dispensers, high collectables, busts, statues, and DVDs.

Still didn't see the Count one though, too bad, I think I possibly would buy that one. Just cause you don't see as much Count collectables if for no other reason.

Though after looking at my bean toy of Shemlock Hemlock (again the only one I have) I'm thinking Ebay . I'm starting to wanted the Count and Oscar bean toys too.

This is a bit off topic but I found some of those "Beanie Babies" of the Ice Age characters including the newer character Buck at Walgreens (mind you I don't collect Beanie Babies though I do have Po the Kung Fu Panda cause I got it free with the DVD and a mini one of Grimace from McDonalds cause I always liked Grimace). I try really hard to not want to buy these plush toys (since I'm a grown male and all, :smile:) but between Buck and Manny from Ice Age, Count and Oscar of SS and now a new giveaway for those who buy Disney's Pixar's Up on DVD/Blu-Ray, it's getting kind of hard, lol.

Reaction score
Our Hallmark store had a huge selection of the 40th anniversary. Sorry I can't remember if count was there though. If you can believe it ~ I sold my old gold there! Got $250 from them. Looks like everyone's getting into that business.