1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fisher price Muppets!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Wafflesnacker, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Not talked about much, but does anyone have these awesome puppets/plushes? I'd love to see them!

[​IMG]Who remembers this animal?

[​IMG]Or this guy?

I never had an Animal... I always wondered how it's eyebrows moved.

2. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I have that Animal! My mom took it from a friend when she was little and passed it onto me when I was little. There's a little plastic board in the top half of its head that you push down to close its eyes. Letting go opens them again. The plastic mouth is noisy and uncomfortable, but it remains one of my favorite Muppet toys.

3. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Is that board inside the head?

4. Bliffenstimmers

Isn't that what I just said?

5. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Well, you said top half. I'm losing my marbles :crazy:!

6. Bliffenstimmers

"There's a little plastic board in the top half of its head"

7. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Or the top half on the INSIDE.

8. Bliffenstimmers

In, inside, same thing. There's really no need to be confused. You slip you hand inside from his back, so your hand fits inside its mouth, and right there inside on the upper jaw is a spring board you use your fingers to close the eyes with. It's much easier done than said.

9. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Shame none of there other puppets had features like that.

10. los

los Active Member

Do all the Animals look like that? All the ones on eBay and the one at a local toy shop look disheveled. Like he contracted mange and is molting. I would want one only to apply some ostrich feathers in place. Not to sure if I have the skills but the foundation being laid already would be half the battle for an Animal puppet.

11. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I have Kermit, Scooter,Fozzie and Animal and the three dress up dolls, I never did get round to buying the Kermit and Fozzie Puppets, or the piggy and Rowlf ones.

In my opinion they are the best version of Muppet plushes ever, but that may be from a nostalgic point of view, as they where what I had as a child.