Fisher Price Sesame Street

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Remember the Fisher Price Play Family toy sets?I have a special book titled"Fisher Price Toys/A Pictorial Price Guide To The More Popular Toys".It is filled with all the many varieties of Fisher Price Toys,including the Play Family sets that came with miniature toy figures.Two of them are Sesame Street Play Family sets.
Sesame Street Clubhouse is a miniature clubhouse with slides and a tire swing.It came with miniature action figure incarnations of Big Bird,Ernie,Bert,Grover,Roosevelt Franklin and The Count.
The other Play Family set,simply named Sesame Street,is a miniature Fisher Price version of the trademark streetscape of Sesame Street.
Complete with mini action figure incarnations of:
Gordon
Susan
Mr.Hooper
Big Bird
Oscar The Grouch
Ernie
Bert
Cookie Monster
Extra figures include:
Herry Monster
Snuffeluffagus
Sherlock Hemlock
Prairie Dawn

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I still have my Cookie Monster from that playset, and a few years ago I won a bunch of the figures on ebay for my daughter. I know that Roosevelt Franklin was one of them, but I forget the others. And the nurse at her school has the playset in her office, but I don't know if it still has any of the figures!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I've been looking at these alot on eBay the past few weeks. You're talking about the old school Little People we all grew up with right?

They're freakin' awesome man! I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to aquire a complete collection through several auctions, but there's no way I'd bid on any of that stuff around Christmas!

superfan

Reaction score
I have the apartment, Gordon, Susan and Mr.Hooper.
If I ever found the complete set (not on ebay, I'm not able to do that) in a second hand store (ie Value Village) I think I may just collapse in utter joy.

BEAR

Reaction score
Does the apartment building open up and does it have four little sections for (I think) Hooper's Store, Ernie and Bert's room, a kitchen, and something else? Is there an Oscar that pops up if you push a little button on the sidewalk? I have that playset.

Pino

Reaction score
I have them almost complete.. but for a guy in europe its quit expensive to buy and ship them from the states... :frown:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I wonder what the human cast thought about themselves being FP Little People?

Censored

Reaction score
Ah, now we're talking about one of my favorite vintage Sesame Street toy sets!

One slight correction: Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, Prairie Dawn, and Snuffy did not come with either set. They were sold separately on a blister card.

It was a delightful line of Sesame Street toys from the great vintage Fisher Price Little People line. I've collected all of those Sesame little folks (for a large sum. LOL)

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Is there an Oscar that pops up if you push a little button on the sidewalk? I have that playset.

Actually, that's not the Fisher Price Little People Sesame Street set. It's another Sesame Street set from a different toy line; I'm not sure which one. There were actually several miniature Sesame Street sets made throughout the years by different toy companies. I'm not sure if there are any current sets on the market though.

Pino

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Actually, that's not the Fisher Price Little People Sesame Street set. It's another Sesame Street set from a different toy line; I'm not sure which one. There were actually several miniature Sesame Street sets made throughout the years by different toy companies. I'm not sure if there are any current sets on the market though.
I once saw a set that was conected with the fingerpuppets from the jim henson company set... Like the vintage handpuppets you had plastic fingerpuppets. And with these items you could buy a house with funny things like oscar popping out of his trashcan!