1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fix it Shop - Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Rendal, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Rendal

Rendal New Member

Has the Fix-It shop been converted into the laundromat for this year?

Craig A.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. The SST Laundromat and Fix-It-Shop are two separate structures, one has not replaced the other. The Fix-It-Shop just hasn't been shown proper in the four episodes we've gotten so far of Season 39. Just wait a little and it'll show up. Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I may have seen it the the left of the sub way station, but I could be wrong and we well soon find out.
  4. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I hope it hasn't *dissapeared* again, lol.:D
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The only problem is on the actual soundstage, the left of the subway is simply a wall where a lot of equipment is kept; for the most part, if a camera angle shows that part of the street, the only thing they can do is put up a backdrop of other buildings.
  6. Rendal

Rendal New Member

I had noticed that the Laundromat had the same outdoor bench that the Fix-It Shop and Mail-It Shop had.

Given the state of the economy and the improvement in Toster Quality over the last few years. It is conceivable that a laundromat had to replace the fix it shop. ;-)
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know? It's funny because the from the exterior of the laundromat looks like the Mail-It-Shop in the interior. But so did the remodeled Fix-It-Shop to me, too.:smirk:
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

UH, Count. In the new season, the laundromat is where the Fix-It-Shop was. I don't think it's on the street anymore, sadly.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

As Ed said it just hasn't been shown yet and it says nothing in their press release of it being gone.
  10. FatBlueMuppet

FatBlueMuppet New Member

Since the Fix it Shop isn't there anymore, I wonder what Maria and Luis are doing for work?
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

How about going the the SW's website and see if it's still there before we start moping about this.

Can't anyone take my advice here?
  12. Oscarfan

I check the officail SS website, and they don't mention the removal of the Laundromat, but it also doesn't mention the laundromat.
  13. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I wonder what'll happen to Maria and Luis, if the Fix-It Shop has vanished this season. Most of the street scenes involving one or the other show those characters at work, after all; the "firefly song" appearance is the only time Maria and Luis have shown themselves so far (even if it took place in front of 123).
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

No, it was the shoe song.
  15. Oscarfan

No, she's right. They appeared singing the firefly song in episode 4165 and the shoe song in 4162. Maria also appeared in 4163 on her own.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Mike, I told you before, we have a right to state our opinions. If you have a problem with a topic, please don't read it. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I really feel like that's something I should mention.

Anyway, I'm hoping we'll still see the 'Fix-It Shop.' After all, they just brought it back a few seasons ago. Yet it is kind of weird that the laundromat is where it used to be. I have checked the website and there wasn't much of a mention of the Fix-It Shop or the laundromat. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

According to Muppet Wiki, the Mail-It-Shop has replaced the Fix-It-Shop & the Laundrymat is there, because of how big the Fix-It-Shop was originally (the Fix-It-Shop was larger than the Mail-It-Shop is), and to add more liveliness to the Street.
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I'm not critisizing anyone for stating thir opinions.

I'm just suggesting they'd not get worked up about The Fix-It Shop just because they haven't seen it yet and since there's only 26 episodes made a year these days, perhaps these things are gonna happen where we may not see certain things and it's not nessecary to worry about it.

Just enjoy the show.
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Why? It has been around almost as long as Hooper's has been.
  20. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I explained why!

Did you even bother to read my reply?

And since the SW site said nothing about it being eliminated is another reason why you should not worry about it for now.