1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fix it Shop - Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Rendal, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets New Member

No, she said that the fire fly appearance was the only time they've shown themselves this seasons. But they both did before the in the shoe episode.
  2. wwfpooh New Member

The 26 episode deal is not a reason to worry--all TV shows are required to have that many episodes most of the time, anyhow--but the fact that the Laundrymat hasn't been mentioned by SW on the Sesame site could mean that it has replaced the Fix-It Shop (just as the Mail-It-Shop did before).
  3. ISNorden Active Member

:o I stand corrected, then. Still, if the laundromat has replaced Maria and Luis' shop (and the set layout suggests that), I do wonder where they're working now: until this season, most of the street scenes involving Maria and Luis showed them at work.
  4. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I'll have to check that article again, but you might be right since the laundromat was there a few seasons before. If they moved that, then maybe they moved the Fix-It Shop. I'll have to check the article when I have more time.
  5. Ilikemuppets New Member

The laudramat was there a few seasons before? I though that the Mail-It-Shop was.
  6. wwfpooh New Member

The Mail-It-Shop was there a few seasons before. Then, Maria and Luis converted the store back with no explanation. And now, the store could be gone again by the same token.
  7. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I'm sorry. I made a mistake with what I said. I meant to say that the 'laundromat' was on the street before. Just in a different location. I didn't mean to say that it was where the Fix-It Shop used to be during the 'Mail-It Shop' years. Sorry about that.
  8. wwfpooh New Member

And with the laundrymat where the Fix It Shop was, we're not sure if the Shop is still around or if Maria & Luis will have to find some other sort of employment.
  9. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. Maybe they should have a map of the set at the website for each season so we know what we can expect. Maybe if the laundromat is where the Fix-It Shop used to be, then it's possible the Fix-It Shop is where the old laundromat used to be. Something to think about.
  10. wwfpooh New Member

Right. I mean, they move things around every years, after all.
  11. ISNorden Active Member

Good suggestion about the map--and good point about the laundromat, too. Episodes from earlier seasons showed a laundromat somewhere on the Street, although it wasn't at such a prominent location. Maybe the Fix-It Shop (in the same vein) moved to a cheaper, out-of-the-way part of town; still, it's been a neighborhood institution for almost as long as Hooper's, and I'll definitely miss the place.
  12. wwfpooh New Member

Just as I said earlier. And agreed, the place will be missed if it indeed has gone away.
  13. fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

It would be too bad if the Fix-it Shop was gone for good, but then again how many still exist in your neighborhood? In keeping up with the times, a Mail-it Shop or a laundromat would be more relevant. As long as Luis and Maria were still there, that's more important than whatever store front they put up in that spot.

I guess broken toasters and phonographs are remnants of a by-gone era. Dang I'm getting old! :sleep:
  14. wwfpooh New Member

Just like record players, cassete tapes, VHS's, and numerous other devices.
  15. Erine81981 Active Member

Don't forget that before the Fix-It-Shop it was a Library that Maria used to work at and sometime Grover would help too.

Sesame Street Library

Well i guess if they wanted to they could work on DVD players or Mp3 players or even CD players too.
  16. wwfpooh New Member

I wonder why the library was taken away? People do need them, don't they?
  17. ISNorden Active Member

There was a library next to the Fix-It Shop (or was that Hooper's)? in the Season 38 premiere, but I have a feeling it was a one-shot location.
  18. ISNorden Active Member

*nods* As long as people own something that's cheaper to repair than to replace, there's a good reason for the Fix-It Shop to keep existing on Sesame Street.
  19. wwfpooh New Member

Too bad some people nowadays just buy a new something instead of attempting to fix the old something first.
  20. Erine81981 Active Member

Also it's that back in the day things could last forever but know a days things are only ment to last a few years and quite so you'll have to go buy a new one.