Flintstones Gay

Bootsy

Reaction score
That's crazy

Here Here I agree with you!! What is your country turning into? These are the cartoons/muppets i'm sure everyone remembers growing up to and may still be is showing on your t.v. I want to take the word gay back into it's original meaning. Which totally explains the flinstones saying "it's a gay old time" they were happy,cheerful people. And it also was a beautiful womans name to. But I hope that these insane people don't win. :mad: :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
practicecactus said:
"you know ,I heard a rumour, that bert and Ernie..are actually straight!"
I still have a letter from Sesame Workshop (was Children's Television Workshop back then) that states they are not now, never have been, and will not be a homosexual couple. They represent two totally different people that, despite their differences, can still remain the best of friends.

I had to have it to prove to my friends that it was all a rumor, which was started by some California DJ's, I believe.

beaker

Reaction score
Again, people need more to do with their time then write this tripe. Remember the whole Bert and Ernie thing?

Besides, there are only two out of the closet gay cartoon characters, and that's Simpson's Smithers and Snagglepus("exit stage left!") :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thats a bunch of tomfulier. If this doesn't stop I'm going to be there and show them the first season and let them know that Fred and Barney aren't gay. That goes w/ every other cartoon character that will be attacked about being gay.

You know this whole thing was brought on by this. (not to say this is what brought this up but...)

"A kid was at home watching the Flintstones and when keep seeing Fred and Barney never putting on pants he asked his brother and his brother said "Oh there gay." Which his brother was just being a normal teen and hardly watches Flintstones anymore so he just said it for kicks not to know that his brother would go to his Mother and ask her what gay is. Then she remembers that the song has the word gay in it. She gets so frusated that she wants the show took off TV. And thats how this whole thing starts."

But that would be something like that for that to start. I hate theses stupid groups that need something else to keep them busy not downing cartoons/muppets on acting gay but not being. We'll who wants to start a group of our own? Whos with me?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its all a load of rubbish! I'ts not even worth talking about. if its all over some kid its even more stupid.

Jenny

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. It seems these days everyone is trying to get their 15 minutes of fame, no matter who they hurt in the process. It is rediculous that people have to go as low enough to start picking on cartoons, I mean give me a break. With everything that is really wrong in the world it is so stupid that people have to be so concerned on someones sexual preference. I also have had gay friends, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It just makes me sad at how people in this day in age can still be so judge mental.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Its all a load of rubbish! I'ts not even worth talking about. if its all over some kid its even more stupid.
I was just making a statement. I don't know if it was a kid or what. Its an example.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Settle down, everybody. Both of these pieces are obviously meant as satire (or maybe not so obvious). Don't take them so seriously.

Camellia

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'll try to keep my post on this topic short as I can:

Now, I'm irked that in recent times there are people in the media (who began as 'leaders' of 'focus groups') who are out there to attack animated characters that are intended to entertain and bring joy to the world (I suppose) and put them under the gun as being 'in the closet' or straight-cut 'gay.'

Me? Well, unless I'm just stupid, there are way too many people with too much time on their hands so that they can attack cartoons instead of working to help feed starving neighbors and/or improve the living conditions and treatment of old people in nursing homes. ...
hi, yes you are 1000% right. way too much time on their hands to do something constructive but plenty of time to sit around and complain. they don't have enough intelligence to do anything. we have to pity them :smile:

I call it "The Dalmatian Syndrome". They have some intelligence, but not enough to keep them out of trouble :smile:

Camellia
I'd rather be a Laborador Retriever :smile:
or a little bunny