Flippersteps in the Sand

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Lisa... Love the chapter... Especially Jim's visit, and trying to get Kermit to agree to do this children's show you mentioned. BTW: If you need help with how the show was named, LMK I got it on the Jim Henson celebration special.
And then the tadpoles... And Robin! Told you guys there'd be some happy coming soon. The bit with Robin the tadpole pushing the remains of his egg out of his uncle's hand made me smile/laugh a little. But the best thing is... And Kermit smiled.

Now then ... About this segment...
Leaper was naming them: “That’ll be...
Bob: Bob McGrath (SS)?
Kim: SkeeterMuppet.
Susan: Susan Robinson (SS)?
Toby.
Louis.
Jen: Jen from Dark Crystal?
Nadine.
Paul.
Missy.
Howard.
Julie: Julie Andrews from her SS Special, or more directly her TMS episode, the song "If I Were A Fish"?
John.
Phillip: Phillip Chapman.
Traci.
Rebecca... Reference to Numbers of the Night?
Cara.
Tyler: Tyler Bunch, SS Muppeteer?
Will: Will Lee, Mr. Harold Hooper (SS)?
Ellie: One of your dogs?
Sara: ReneeLouvier.
Jason.
Elizabeth.
Matt: Matt Robinson (SS's first Gordon)?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Giggles> Nice try, Count. But actually, they're all my cousins. Well, except for Sara, Jason, Elizabeth, and Matt. Those are my sisters and their significant others. If you care to look back at Swamp Call, you'll see that those are the same names Robin used when asking his Aunt Maggie about his brothers and sisters, with the only new addition being Matt. Or, you could take my word for it, and save yourself the trouble of looking back.

Want some peculiar trivia? The first time I wrote this scene, I was typing on my calculator. Then I transcribed it into my assignment notebook in my microscopic handwriting, then I transcribed it again into my fanfic notebook, and then I typed it on the computer, and then I copy/pasted it here.

Also, had it not been for this scene, there would be no "Flippersteps in the Sand." See, I was so nervous about the whole Melinda/Ray altercation, that I wasn't even going to write the story. But, not writing the story meant not writing this scene, and I was just way too proud of the concept of Robin hatching in Kermit's hand to not share it. Thus, I considered it to be a dilemma, because I didn't want to post, but I really wanted to post. So, I had a nice talk with Prawnie that was something like "I've got this idea for a story that I don't want to post because of this major altercation to Muppet past that I'm really worried about, but I do want to post it because there's this one really AWESOME scene. What should I do?" And he of course told me to post. But, had it not been for this scene, there would have been no dilemma. Had there been no dilemma, I wouldn't have asked Prawnie's advice. Had I not asked Prawnie's advice, he would not have convinced me to write and post. Had he not convinced me to write and post, there would be no story! Or at least, no part one. I would have started with part two. Which would have been really, really awkward.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I can feel that tadpole in my fingers! Feel it, him! I can! Little Robin!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

This story keeps calling for an excessive use of vowels and consonants!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Awwwwww!!! :smile: I love this chapter!!!

You have a real sister named Sara? That's awesome!!! A real sister, then a fictional sister!! *giggles* That's so cool!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will take your word for it... Er, froggy sis? What relation is it hexactly our froggy selves in Beth's story share? Aw, forget it.
Just so long as we're all together here... Oh, and by "altercation" do you mean "change"? Cause the word would then be "Alteration", "altercation" means "fight" or "confrontation".
Thought I'd help. More of my own story when I can, got a party for my brother's B-Day tonight and Easter tomorrow.
Take care guys and gals.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
WOW..........this chapter was amazing. The thought of Robin hatching in Kermit's hand. It was beautiful and touching and brought tears to my eyes. And then Kermit smiled. Chills. And Jim talking about an educational program and wanting Kermit to come do it and that gives me hope about what comes next and then there's Robin and gosh. You've done it again Lisa! I never cease to be amazed by you.

Xela

Reaction score
Another great chapter! And Robin hatching in Kermit's hand...so cute!! I loved it all.

Smiles

Reaction score
awwww...I loved that chapter! Tadpoles always seem to brighten the mood :smile: And Robin hatching in Kermits hand, awwww, how adorable! Come on Kermit! Hopefully thi swill cheer you up!

Leyla

Reaction score
Yay for Prawnie who gave you such excellent advice and 'caused the posting of this marvellous story! Yay for Lisa who is writing this marvellous story!

And a really big, Kermit-the-Frog-YAY! with arms and all for Kermit finding his smile again.

Oh my goodness, what a chapter. It's soo nice to see Jim dropping by with a bit of a nudge for Kermit, but Robin's birth- er, hatching is absolutely the highlight. Pooor little guy, almost didn't make it, but then he did! Right in Kermit's hand.

There's something so... truthful about that scene, if you know what I mean. Something pure maybe, that speaks about the bond they have.

Your portrayal of Kermit's family never ceases to draw me in emotionally. I'm just so happy he's got such a wonderful supportive family; it really sets the stage for his holding together the Muppets as an unconventional multispecies family. If I was going to get into the Pig/Frog thingamagig, which I am 'cause I just can't help myself, I'd say how much that devastating loss of Melinda and Ray effected Kermit, and how it adds a whole new level to Kermit's conflict on that score.

Not a lot of fanwriters can do that you know, add a deeper understanding of what an established character is all about. You've got a real gift for writing. Really, just amazing.

I also find Sesame's introduction really very appropriate and touching coinciding with the dark period in Kermit's life and Robin's entrance.

Also, I have to mention Kermit's musings over the unhatched eggs struck me as being quite profound as well. Why are there always eggs that don't hatch? Why are there so many heartbreaks in life? Ah, well, I'm getting maudlin now, but really... how honest is that? Thanks for making me believe in the character of Kermit.

I can't remember now if I've mentioned it, but I love Kermit's sister, the strength of her personality, her charm and playfulness, even her lack of understanding over Kermit's grief. You've created a multidimentional character there, another great feat for a writer.

Just, thanks Lisa. thanks a lot.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Lisa... When you get the chance, please clear out your PM inbox... Need to ask your opinion about something, and I can't continue my story until I get your opinion... Oh, and if you could also please post more story, it'd be even better.