Flocking Miss Piggy

ramdas

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am Ramdas Padhye Ventriloquist,Puppeteer and Puppet-Maker from India.I just want to know, do they flock Miss Piggy.How does the surface of the skin looks so smooth?Does the flock wear out?Which glue do they use?I also use flock,but after sometime it wears out.I had heard that Miss Piggy was designed in duplicates so that the flock does not wear out.Is it true?Does anybody know which glue to apply?

Thanks
Ramdas.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Boy, would I love to flock Miss Piggy.

Sorry, another bad joke.​

That Announcer

Reaction score
ramdas said:
Hi Folks,

I am Ramdas Padhye Ventriloquist,Puppeteer and Puppet-Maker from India.I just want to know, do they flock Miss Piggy.How does the surface of the skin looks so smooth?Does the flock wear out?Which glue do they use?I also use flock,but after sometime it wears out.I had heard that Miss Piggy was designed in duplicates so that the flock does not wear out.Is it true?Does anybody know which glue to apply?

Thanks
Ramdas.
Ramdas:

I'm no puppeteering expert, but I could probably get by. From what I understand, the flock is shot through an electrically charged gun that makes it stand straight up, like the felt used on most Muppets. The flock wears out around the edges of the mouth (and maybe the eyeballs? I don't know) where it moves around a lot. In the Muppets From Space making-of book, it is said that fifteen Piggy heads were made just for that one film.

That's all I can give you.

-That Announcer