Florida Animation Closed?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Ok, this isn't the newest, but I didn't find a thread. While we were at WDW, we did the Magic of Disney Animation. When you watch people animate...there wasn't anyone. I asked my dad why, and he said that the animators were laid off while working on Three Good Ghosts (I think that's what he said) can someone shed some light of why? Out of the 4 movies they've made, the first two did really good (Mulan & Lilo and Stitch) while the third did pretty well (Brother Bear) and the fourth (Home on the Range) looks to be hilarious....does anyone know some reason of why this was done?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Ok, this isn't the newest, but I didn't find a thread. While we were at WDW, we did the Magic of Disney Animation. When you watch people animate...there wasn't anyone. I asked my dad why, and he said that the animators were laid off while working on Three Good Ghosts (I think that's what he said) can someone shed some light of why? Out of the 4 movies they've made, the first two did really good (Mulan & Lilo and Stitch) while the third did pretty well (Brother Bear) and the fourth (Home on the Range) looks to be hilarious....does anyone know some reason of why this was done?
I went there and the man said they might butit is not official!I got an picture of mickey drawn by an animator and signed there .

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
From what I heard it's being re-vamped, when it reopens it's going to be more like the magic of disney animation that we have at the California Adventure :smirk:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
From what I heard it's being re-vamped, when it reopens it's going to be more like the magic of disney animation that we have at the California Adventure :smirk:
and what does that consist of?

what was funny, is that they had pots of coffee and pencils laying around, like any moment they would be coming back from break. But there was also still brother bear stuff around, and trashcans didn't have liners, and so on....

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
and what does that consist of?

what was funny, is that they had pots of coffee and pencils laying around, like any moment they would be coming back from break. But there was also still brother bear stuff around, and trashcans didn't have liners, and so on....

WAY cute that they left all that stuff lying around! At the California Park what happens is it's more like a "show atmosphere" instead of an entertaining educational attraction. A Disney Cast Member (an actor pretending to be an animator) welcomes you to the studio and then describes some basic character development that has happened to some past characters. The Cast Member interacts with Mushu up on a screen and the two have some cute banter about animation and so on. It's really quite light and fluffy- geared more towards the younger audience. You don't get to see anyone at work animating and the cast member doesn't draw anything either.
Am I becoming the resident Disney geek? :confused:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
they have the Mushu thing there, but then they lead you into the part where you 'watch' them animate, but they don't give you an explanation, in fact, they lead you to believe there are people there. When we were in there, people were confused, going...Where are they? Are they on vacation today? They should really clue people in, because they make it sound like it is still going on, and the next production is being worked on

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've heard that Disney is considering abandoning feature animation (the traditional stuff) which is awful if it's true. :cry:

Disney has shut down it's Canadian and European animation studios I think (anyone sure?). They were mostly doing straight-to-video sequels, but also turned out a few little gems like the upcoming Salvador Dali short the Paris studio finished (it was started in 1945).

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
It's really sad. Even my mother said it wasn't very smart. (which is a lot for my mother) She even went on to say she was starting to see Roy's view of the situation (something I've been trying to convince her of for a while!)

I think it's a bad decision....it seems like it was a decision that was just waiting to be made...isn't it just weird that all of a sudden, while working on a movie, they say ooh not good enough and jerk the rug out from under them? Seems premeditated to me.....