Floyd/Janice/Zoot 30 Day OTP Challenge

DorkLaRue

Reaction score
I'm doing a 30 day writing challenge for my Muppets OT3!

Day 1: Holding Hands

Janice isn't surprised when she notices Zoot's hand growing slack in her own, but looking at him she almost laughs. She debates nudging him awake, but eventually decides against it. Instead, she nudges Floyd.

"Zoot, like, fell asleep again." Floyd laughs.

"I'd be more surprised if you said he was awake".

"Yeah but, like, he's still totally holding my hand. Look". Zoot was taking an impromptu nap, surprising exactly no one, but had somehow managed to do so still sitting upright (or at least as upright as he usually sits), and his grip on Janice's hand had only slacked in the slightest. If they didn't him know better they could easily mistake him for awake.

Janice giggles. "You know, Teeth told me that he, like, found him asleep standing up once?"

When Janice tries to pull away, Zoot unconsciously tightens his grip on her hand. She could pull away if she really wanted too, but she found the instinct too endearing, and allowed their hands to remain entwined.

DorkLaRue

Reaction score
And here's day two, since I actually started this yesterday and I want the posts on here to be caught up to my AO3 posts.

Day 2: Cuddling Somewhere

One of Zoot's greatest non-musical skills is his ability to fall asleep just about anywhere. They've even found him asleep standing up a few times. However, one couldn't always be sure he even was sleeping, because even in his waking state he tends to be quiet and calm. As it was, he lay stretched out on the couch; his hat was pulled down, and to most this would be a sure indication he was asleep. Those who knew him better would still not be sure, however, knowing his general dislike of bright lights leads him to do this often whether he was sleeping or not. There was really only one way to tell.

Floyd nudged his side. "You awake?"

"No" he answered, but he sat up to make room anyway, smiling. Floyd sat cross-legged besides him, and Zoot took the opportunity to rest his head on Floyd's lap before returning his hat to its previous position.

"Could've fooled me" Floyd laughed.

"I can do a lot in my sleep" Zoot joked back, grinning.

"Bet you couldn't play in your sleep though."

"Probably could, but I wouldn't want to."

"Too much fun to miss?" Zoot nodded.

"Yeah. Besides, no one can sleep through Animal's drumming, even me" Floyd laughed. Zoot has slept soundly through everything from bullhorns to canon fire, as well as just about every other chaotic background noise that comes with the rest of The Muppets. But he was right; even Zoot couldn't sleep through an Animal drum solo.

It didn't take long for Zoot to actually fall asleep with Floyd absently running his fingers through his hair the way he was. It was a repetitive and comforting action for both of them, owing to just how often Janice and Floyd found themselves in this situation. Becoming a temporary pillow, it appeared, was a bit of an occupational hazard that comes with dating Zoot.

Of course, neither of them minded.

DorkLaRue

Reaction score
Day 3: Gaming/Watching a Movie

"Like, what are we watching?" Janice asked, wrapping herself and Floyd in a blanket. Zoot shrugged.

"Beats me. The DVDs always end up in the wrong case; I can't tell anymore".

"Shouldn't matter to you, you'll be snoozing by the second act!". Zoot made a small frown on principle, but knew Floyd wasn't wrong; he couldn't remember the last time he'd seen a movie all the way through in one sitting without having to actively try to stay awake. He found his place on Janice's side and pulled the blanket they shared down around his side of the trio. Floyd leaned over to kiss him, wiping away his frown instantly.

Depending on what was going on with the band and various Muppet projects, it was sometimes hard for them to find time for proper dates, and a movie was a nice excuse to just be together. The three snuggled up together to watch...whatever DVD had been put away in the Goonies case, meaning it could to be pretty much anything except for actually being Goonies, glad to be relaxing together. It didn't really matter much to them what ended up playing. Hitting play on the remote, they expected previews, or at least a menu screen. They were instead surprised to find video of their friends, but before they turned it off they realized it wasn't one of their movies-or rather, not one of their real movies.

"Oh my god, it's, like, old home video! Who put this on dvd?"

"Probably Scooter" Floyd answered. "I mean, he filmed half of it."

"We, like, have to watch it!"

What was playing now looked like it was filmed backstage on a movie set, but either no one was in costume or their wardrobe was street clothes, so they had no idea what movie it was from, until they saw Miss Piggy's curly perm.

"This must, like, be from Manhattan then" Janice realized.

"Man, that feels like forever ago" Floyd pointed out. Zoot nodded in agreement.

Whoever had made this (and a later look at the DVD's handwritten label proved it was indeed Scooter's neat curved writing) had found a lot of video to put on the disc. There was plenty from various film sets, but most of it was filmed at home. Some of it they even remember seeing Scooter or Kermit taping, as they were the two who were really just as fond of being behind the camera as in front. It proved to be really fun to watch, and reminded them of home video their parents may have taken (though with a good measure more explosions).

Nearly every time Janice and Floyd were together on screen they were holding hands, and as the video grew slightly more recent they found the same became true with Zoot. Laughing at themselves, they wondered out loud how anyone managed to be surprised when they were told they were a set of three.

DorkLaRue

Reaction score
Sorry this one is a day late :embarrassed:. Some stuff came up with school. I expect this might happen a few more times, but I fully intend on finishing this series!

Day 4: On a Date

It was always a little hard for Floyd and Janice to get Zoot to come on dates with them; of course he loved spending time with them, but dates meant a lot of things he didn’t particularly like. Bright lights for one, and Zoot had decided that, for better or worse, between stage lights and set lights there had been and would continue to be more than enough of that in his life already. And on top of that, a lot of loud noises, which was something a bit more peculiar. Music, of course, was supposed to be loud, and that was always something welcome; and their usual household chaos seemed to have a strange rhythm itself, becoming something familiar and comfortable. But this was just loud discordant and unfamiliar ambient noise, which was fine if he could sleep through it when it got to be too much, which he often did. But you can’t exactly do that on a date. And dates were supposed to be enjoyable after all, they all understood that. And understanding that, they did manage to make things work.

Ice cream shops are loud with children and bright with fluorescent bulbs that buzz just softly enough that you’re unsure of what, exactly, is it that’s bothering you so much. Zoot cringes inwardly and almost wished he’d waited outside. Almost, but Floyd is squeezing his hand, and Janice comes back with their ice cream pretty quickly, so it doesn’t have a chance to become a problem. They eat on a bench outside because it was a very nice day, but also because it was quieter and less harshly lit. And after that point, Zoot decides, it isn’t very bad at all. In fact, it does become rather enjoyable. Floyd gets soft serve in his moustache and Janice and Zoot giggle until he notices, and he laughs too because it’s just the sort of thing that keeps happening to him. Janice fails to convince Floyd that frozen yogurt tastes the same as ice cream (“I’m not saying it ain’t good, hun, I’m saying it ain’t the same”). And the sidewalk is wide enough for all three of them to hold hands for the short walk home.