1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Floyd Pepper replica

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by SICKSQUID, Feb 22, 2011.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!! :D I wish I had more time (and less back-pain) to make a bunch of Muppets, heh. I've been wanting to make a Rowlf for forever, and my first Kermit from my high school days is looking very sad, lol. I think if I were ever to make any of the band members', it'd definitely be Dr. Teeth.

Again, awesome Floyds' you guys!! They're both fantastic!
    :)
    Anthony
  2. SICKSQUID

SICKSQUID New Member

ilovemusic likes this.
  3. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

4. matleo

matleo Active Member

Awesome job. How did you do the hair and mustache?
  5. SICKSQUID

SICKSQUID New Member

Well, it was trial and error. I got hold of various sizes of orange ostrich feather and with lots of pics from google ( different angles of Floyd's head ) layered them into a ponytail and hair. The really difficult part was hiding the spines that hold the feather together. I had to use off cuts of feather for that. For the big moustache I cut a curved slot into each cheek and embedded the bigger feathers into it. I then added some more off cuts to bulk it up. It was a really enjoyable project that took me about 6 weeks ( usually working on a Sunday afternoon ) to make. He now sits on a stand in my recording studio.:sing: