Floyd Question

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay. I absolutely love these characters and encourage everyone to go out and get them all - especially Floyd, but I do have an issue.

I am having trouble with he permanent connection of the guitar and amp. I had a feeling it would be an issue for me and I'm wondering if I should just cut the wire on one side.

It's such beautiful workmanship but ou can't play with the figure or pose him too much becase the darn amp keeps dragging along with him and knocks over all the other figures. Taking off the guitar each time you want to pick him up is a bit of a ordeal and always picking him up with his amp (and figuring out where to put the amp in limited space) is challenging. I hope Janice isn't permanently plugged in. I really love Floyd, but it looks like I'm going to have to cut the cord! :eek:

Anyone else out there with the same issue?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay. Here's what I did. I kept my blue Floyd connected, but altered the regular red Floyd. I carefully cut the wire from the amp with an exacto knife so closely that there is no protruding nub. It's great this way because the guitar still looks plugged in. I then curled the wire behind the guitar so it seems to disappear. This increases the play factor 100%. Now I may like him more than Animal.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm considering cutting the cord myself Jamie...I'm guessing that they've fastforwarded into the future and have wireless technology, so the permanently connected wire will be unnecessary.

I love Floyd. Love the guitar. Love the amp. But I need more freedom.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Probably not gonna have a cord with the Janice figure...FYI. Jamie your IM pretty much convinced me. Mine is a struggle to play with too...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanx. I love the figure even more now that he is "cordless". :smile: He is now my second favorite character so far (Behind Fozzie Bear). I don't know why the pictures of these don't capture the detail and likeness, but Fozzie Bear is as close to perfect as you can get. And these magnetic hats are so cool! Magnetic hats off to Palisades!

Gonzo

Reaction score
If I had a metal plate in my head, I'D want a magnetic hat too!

Fozzie is the first action figure I've ever wanted to hug. I love him.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know. He looks so huggable. And I thought the limited articulation was going to be a minus, but it really is a plus. He is a beautiful and sturdy figure. I bought one for my nephew this Christmas. I thought Fozzie was the most durable one and it's his favorite character too.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Probably not gonna have a cord with the Janice figure...FYI. Jamie your IM pretty much convinced me. Mine is a struggle to play with too...
Will she have an acoustic guitar or a wireless electric?

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a wireless electric. I want to see some details though like a wireless transmitter to clip on her guitar strap! That'd be awesome...I'm thinking about trying to customize my floyd so he has this. If Palisades did this they'd be the KING of details!! (not that they already aren't, but for me this would blow it away!!!)

BTW, here's a link to a variety of RL wireless guitar system models. They're all quite small and would be easily molded:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/searc...d1=&departmentkeeper=1&SortMethod=6&pagesize=

see, the larger box with antennas is set on top of the amp and is plugged with a small patch cord into the amp, while the smaller box is plugged with a small patch cord into the guitar and clipped to the guitar strap on your back, close to the bottom of the guitar. both of these pieces could just be permanently attached for the toy's case...with tiny little bits of "patch cord" like floyd has for that added detail effect. I know it sounds like a lot of trouble, but to me (and I suspect many other musicians) it would be totally worth it!