Follow that Bird - Frank Oz

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I think Brian Meuhl may have performed Grover and then Frank dubbed it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought Brian left the show around 1980. I could be wrong on that though.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Ok, how abou this. What if they used some kind of test shot for the trailer buy accident. Has anyone compared thescene in the trailer side by side with the scene in the movie?
It's probably that Frank wasn't on set that day, and so someone else did the scene. I just can't believe that they would use it in the trailer without Frank dubbing over it first.

T

timrikthegorf

I can't believe Frank was walking away from the muppets back then. He's so talented and diverse butI guess it's just not what he really wants to do.

They did use undubbed footage in the MFS trailer. Usually you need to get a trailer out before the final cut of the film is done. There were a few scenes in the MFS trailer that didn't even make it into the movie.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I can't believe Frank was walking away from the muppets back then. He's so talented and diverse butI guess it's just not what he really wants to do.

They did use undubbed footage in the MFS trailer. Usually you need to get a trailer out before the final cut of the film is done. There were a few scenes in the MFS trailer that didn't even make it into the movie.
I don't think he was walking away from the Muppets back then. It was just a small scene that could have been easily dubbed over later. It seems like that type of thing happens more than we think. :wink:

Horace D' Fly

Reaction score
You'd be Suprised

Scenes in trailers don't make it in the movie quite a bit. Usually they're scenes that are shot earlier, but in the final cut, the director can't find a place for them, so they get cut out. If anyone remembers the "Anchorman" trailer, Will Ferrell gets shot in it...yet there is nothing in the movie about it! Crazy! :sympathy:

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
Shame shame I know your name (Horace D' Fly)

Horace D' Fly said:
Scenes in trailers don't make it in the movie quite a bit. Usually they're scenes that are shot earlier, but in the final cut, the director can't find a place for them, so they get cut out.
Hello McFly... We know that! :confused: The scene that Wocka is talking about is in the actual movie; however, in the trailer it's dubbed over by someone other than Frank Oz. :stick_out_tongue:

I don't want to say any names, but I think someone (Horace D' Fly) hasn't watched Follow That Bird in a while. :concern:

Email me Horace -- you can borrow my copy.

goshposh

Reaction score
what was the scene that is featured in the trailer? cause for a lot of the movie cookie and grover were in the same scene (gordon's car for example)

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
goshposh said:
what was the scene that is featured in the trailer? cause for a lot of the movie cookie and grover were in the same scene (gordon's car for example)
Actually Grover joins Gordon's group relatively late in the movie. For most of the movie, Frank's characters were separate. But this scene is just Grover cleaning up at Mr. Hooper's store with some of the human cast as they watch Chevy Chase report Big Bird's escape on TV. Since there's only one Muppet in the scene, it was probably filmed during a time when most of the puppeteers were not on set, so Frank most likely was present and someone else had to perform Grover. I just think it's weird that Frank didn't dub it over before the trailer was made. :frown:

Mario

Reaction score
This might be a tad random. But I can't really add to this topic, and you can all just pay it no attention. But, I was lucky enough to see this in the theatres about 3 or 4 years ago. It was on a summer day when the theatres have free kids movies. Really cool. :cool: