Follow That Bird merchandise

CherryPizza

Reaction score
This seems to be fairly light-on the ground.

In my searchings throughout my Muppet collecting time, I've found the soundtrack album, various posters, the movie storybook and... not much else.

There have been a few books based on events from the movie. One that I have is Big Bird's Day on the Farm, which retells his experience spending the day with Ruthie and Floyd, and it says something about him "heading back to Sesame Street", but other than that doesn't refer to the rest of the movie's plot.

I've just bought some sticker books and a paper doll book on eBay.

Has anyone encountered much else? Were there no movie tie-in products? Do the Dodos and Miss Finch not exist in toy form somewhere?

(Yes, I realise there is a page on Muppet Wiki that lists some very limited merchandise, so don't bother linking me there).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I too had the movie storybook from when I was a kid, but other than that, I don't recall much merchandise for this movie.

But come to think about it, did The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland have any significant merchandise as well?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
But come to think about it, did The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland have any significant merchandise as well?
A little bit. There was a sing-along video, a set of stuffed animals based on characters in the movie (Bug, Grizzy, Elmo holding his blanket and maybe Oscar), a bunch of fast food toys (Arby's and Sbarro) and a couple other things. Nothing too major but there was a lot more than compared to Follow that Bird.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A little bit. There was a sing-along video, a set of stuffed animals based on characters in the movie (Bug, Grizzy, Elmo holding his blanket and maybe Oscar), a bunch of fast food toys (Arby's and Sbarro) and a couple other things. Nothing too major but there was a lot more than compared to Follow that Bird.
There was also a game boy color game (making this and Labyrinth the only Henson movies to have video game adaptations) and a storybook. I think there was also a coloring book.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
There was also a game boy color game (making this and Labyrinth the only Henson movies to have video game adaptations) and a storybook. I think there was also a coloring book.
There was also a (actually quite entertaining) CD-ROM game... which I owned... when I was 8. Boo-yah! :big_grin:

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's a good thought, actually. I always thought that there were dolls, but I tihnk that's just wishful thinking. :stick_out_tongue: I was lucky enough to find a movie poster, which is in my "muppet corner" of my bedroom. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it makes sense in a way that there's considerably more TAOEIGL merchandise than there is FTB merchandise, as I understand it, back in the day, there were practices and standards that prohibited you from merchandising something like that.

When talking about all the budget problems and how much money they lost producing H.R. Pufnstuf, Sid and Marty Krofft talked about how back then, there weren't any offshoots of being able to get your money back, including merchandising because back then you were prohibited from doing so. Apparently it was Disney (not surprisingly) that started the merchandising process.