Follow That Bird soundtrack game

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that the original release of the Follow That Bird soundtrack came with a board game. Can anybody tell me what this game was, what game pieces/ characters were included, and so on?

Also, can anybody tell me what kind of pictures were included in the soundtrack booklet (if there were any pictures)?

AAO

Reaction score
WOW! I never heard this! I hope this is true! hopefully someone will shed some light on this! I'm a "HUGE" Follow that bird fan!

AAO

Reaction score
DOes anyone know if this is true??

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
It is true. I've got it around here, but I'm too exhausted after a 13-hour school day to find it at the moment. I'll make sure to post again on it soon, though, okay?

:smile:

AAO

Reaction score
Oh please too! I've been at school as well and I know what ya mean! LOL! someone was wanting me to post pics of Sesame Stret Live program photos tonight...it's just too late...LOL....but if u could....maybe a pic....whenever u feel like it?? I hope so! Thanks pal..

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Okay, here's the scoop. Looks like it's a "follow the colorful path" kind of game. There are drawings of characters and scenes from the film around the board (I don't know if there was a booklet that came with the album--I can't seem to find one).

Here are the directions:

Follow That Bird!

HOW TO PLAY: Two to four players, using buttons for markers, move along the path toward Sesame Street following the direction of the arrows. Players take turns drawing cards from a face-down stack. When a color card is drawn, the player moves to the next square of the same color. More than one player can share a square. If the next square of the color drawn is a double square with a zigzag arrow, the player must follow the arrow to shorten or lengthen the path. If a character card is drawn such as Grover or Miss Finch, move at once to that square. When all the cards have been drawn, reshuffle and use again. To win, a player must land of the last blue square.

I don't seem to have the cards anymore, but something tells me I could use the cards from CandyLand and it would turn out okay. :smile:

I don't think I can upload a picture, but if anybody wants to see my photo of the board, you can just email me at andrew-clinton@uiowa.edu

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I don't seem to have any game pieces, but I'm guessing that you were meant to use your own buttons for markers. In theory, you could also use coins, but that would be pushing things a bit too far. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
moved?

why was this thread moved from the Sesame Merchandise folder to the Games folder? I'm not really complaining. At least it allows me to have started a thread in the games section (even if it wasn't originally there). Just wondering.