Follow That Bird

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
This movie has been played at least three seperate on HBO with in the last two weeks or so.

But I have to say that this was a really good movie. I thought it was well written and directed very well. I also really enjoyed the music in the movie, which might be why I have several songs I listen to when I run.

One touching moment in the movie was when Big Bird left Sesame Street and Oscar was in his can sitting there, surprised that Big Bird had left. He almost seemed like he was about to cry and seemed to be sad that Big Bird was no longer going to be around.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tis a nice movie isn't it? I love it a lot and yeah that was a nice Big Bird/Oscar moment there.

BEAR

Reaction score
Or the moment when Big Bird says goodbye to Oscar and he says "Why that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." And then he wipes his face. It almost looks like he's wiping a tear from his face. Beautiful moment in an even more beautiful movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always cried at the part where Maria says, "Don't forget Big Bird, we love you!" and that sad music plays...excuse me...::sniff::

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
heralde said:
I always cried at the part where Maria says, "Don't forget Big Bird, we love you!" and that sad music plays...excuse me...::sniff::
Then after that is what I said in my post, about Oscar.

superboober

Reaction score
Yep, I've always thought that was one of Oscar's very best character moments, period. Equally touching was when Big Bird imagined Snuffleupagus in the field and tried without success to embrace him. There's so much heart in this film in general that it surprises me that it hasn't had much of a run on TV (although HBO was always quite good with airing it back when it was THE unofficial Muppet network). If the AFI ever does get around to counting down the top 100 family films, it'll be a crime if it's not included.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
very true even the guy that plays Bob wishes they would do things that have that kind of heart to it. i cry evry time Big bird leaves SS and that song ohh that song "One little Star" i almost cry just thinking about it.

P.S we need a big bird smily

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I used to cry so much at the scene where Big Bird and Snuffy say goodbye. I also get real sad when Maria is reading the letter from Big Bird and he says "I should be happy here" It just rips at the heart. This movie does have alot of humor though too. Upside Down World has got to be one of my favorite Muppet songs ever. And Cookie Monster eating the car! Love it!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Don't forget about Chevy Chase mispronouncing Sesame Street and Grover's reaction to it.

I also laughed when Ernie and Bert were sitting in the backseat of Oscars car at the gas station telling Oscar and Homer the Honker that Bert lost Big Bird. Ernie always manages to blame Bert.

And one bright spot, Elmo was not featured in the movie until the very end. I like it when there's no Elmo.