Follow That Bird

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The emotions were so real in that movie. Even though these were real people talking about puppets, you absolutely believed in their pain and happiness. Sesame Street was very good at that.

Crazy-Animal

Reaction score
I saw it as a young child and I loved it, I want to see it again

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Check out Wal-Mart, Crazy Animal. Thats where i bought mine... a couple years ago. It might be in the 2 for $11 DVD bin. I think i saw one there last month.

Favorit Movie. I own it on VHS and DVD. I wish i had it during my youth. Woulda saved me much on rentals lol. I'd rent that ALOT.

superboober

Reaction score
I've also seen it at Target for about $5.

And while we're here, if anyone can assist, what's Oscar saying after he mumbles, "Picky, picky, picky!" and drives off road when Maria points out that he's not on Route 12? It's a little hard to make out with her and Telly screaming.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah that used to confuse me too. But I believe he's saying, "I never promised you a rose garden!", which was a popular song in the '70s.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I always heard "I never promised you a road mark" but maybe that's just me.

I LOVE this movie, I watched it all the time as a kid (even though a blue Big Bird FREAKED me out) and I bought the DVD when I found it a year or so ago. All the songs in it are fantastic, but my favorite are "One Little Star" and "Easy Going Day". When I was little my sister and I would trade off watching this movie and Don't Eat the Pictures. We used to have fights over which song was better "One Little Star" or "You're Gonna Be a Star". I'm pretty sure we used to always switch depending on our mood haha, just as long as we could prove the other wrong.

Miss Finch SCARED me. That part where she's chasing Big Bird around the parade always made me very nervous. Sigh. What a great movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to think it was something like "road mark" as well, but several movie sites also quote Oscar as saying the "rose garden" comment.

You're right, it is hard to chose between "One Little Star" and "You're Gonna Be a Star"!

BEAR

Reaction score
I always heard it at "Road Mark" but who knows!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I agree with everyone, fantastic movie!! "Ain't No Road Too Long" is my favorite song in this one...I have always been a big Waylon Jennings fan.
All in all, good script, good performances and Kermit's in it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why they made that line so hard to hear, hehe. But when I watched the movie recently, I heard that song title. You can just barely hear him say garden at the end, but it's there. And then when I looked it up on the web, other websites posted the same quote. It makes sense, they were sticking in something the parents would find amusing. :smile: