For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Only thing that really bugs me about digital download is how do I know if the file doesn't either completely download correctly or gets corrupted I can ask for a refund or get another download? What if I spend this money and for some reason, it doesn't work on my computer? At least with physical, you can always return it. That's the one thing I care about. Plus, having a physical collection means that you can actually hold something. And I'm sure there's going to be the same exact idiotic rights and regulations blocking half the stuff we want, with the same companies that can't be in agreement on it ARE in agreement to stomp out pirates.

I'm sure that all the movies and TV shows you can get can be backed up... but if something happens to your computer, you can lose everything. I'm sure that's what the cloud is for, a massive internet backup... but I'd hate to see that happen.
And this is my issue with everything going digital. Yeah, its gonna happen eventually. Ideally, once you pay for something, you can download it as many times as you need, since crashes and other things happen. But if not they should do something like Popcap does. They give you a code that works 5 times to install a game you bought (I dont think it ever expires). That way, if something happens to it, you can download it again with no charge.

I still buy TV box sets. I like physically having the item. Plus it helps you lend it to folks who may be interested. My parents don't have Showtime and finally wanted to start on Dexter, so I lent them all 5 seasons currently out on dvd and they ran through them in about 2 weeks. Now they want to start Arrested Development.

I don't know jack about the Cloud, but I'll continue to buy the actual item from a local store.
Oh yes, I would much rather have the physical object. I buy dvd box sets when I have the money and I see something interesting. Maybe I'm just weird, but there is nothing like the smell of a freshly opened CD XD

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
. My parents don't have Showtime and finally wanted to start on Dexter, so I lent them all 5 seasons currently out on dvd and they ran through them in about 2 weeks. Now they want to start Arrested Development. .
Ohh.... they'll be done that it like three days. It's a great show.

beaker

Reaction score
Ideally, I want to see a region free system where anything and everything ever created is available, free or at a fair charge, to watch and or download from every country without and idiotic red tape.
I agree! Though for people who have lost patience in all the red tape, who are poor, or just don't see the point anymore of physical media...*rhymes with rorrentz* lulz.

I say down with all this chinese sweatshop made plastic, art for art sake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree! Though for people who have lost patience in all the red tape, who are poor, or just don't see the point anymore of physical media...*rhymes with rorrentz* lulz.
Even then, I don't think I'd be able to torrent the anime I'm looking for. I've got VERY obscure tastes in anime, after all. I LOVE Osomatsu-kun... but I don't think anyone in the US is hip to it (though I saw a non-Asian guy with an Osomatsu-kun/Tensai Bakabon shirt once).

I'd LOVE for some Japanese entertainment companies to get off their butts and do something world wide that has every single thing ever made. Heck, all international animation studios. There's so much greatness we're not watching.

I say down with all this chinese sweatshop made plastic, art for art sake.
We still need to buy them to watch these on... :wink: Nah, I hate that too. On the one hand, I don't think I could afford the 23% more if it was made here, but on the other hand, I'd be prouder to buy something that isn't made in a building with suicide nets.

Still, I don't know if the CD's and DVD's are made in China...but CD's and DVD's are printed in Mexico. I'm sure it's not that great there either...

beaker

Reaction score
Still, I don't know if the CD's and DVD's are made in China...but CD's and DVD's are printed in Mexico. I'm sure it's not that great there either...
Oh god, just as bad. A corrupt ultra violent narco state with major western banks laundering billions in cartel money while corporations profit off of terrible sweat shop conditions. This whole world is fubared.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh god, just as bad. A corrupt ultra violent narco state with major western banks laundering billions in cartel money while corporations profit off of terrible sweat shop conditions. This whole world is fubared.
I wish people would consider the fact that the pompous and sanctimonious war on drugs does nothing but win the war for the cartels. Anything seized would be recomped through price increases... Bloom County put it very eloquently. The best way to win is to give up.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wish people would consider the fact that the pompous and sanctimonious war on drugs does nothing but win the war for the cartels. Anything seized would be recomped through price increases... Bloom County put it very eloquently. The best way to win is to give up.
Will that help the families who are victims of an addict though?

beaker

Reaction score
The US government has been caught sending tens of thousands of automatic weapons to the Zetas and laundering millions of their dollars, a group that makes al Qaeda look like school yard pranksters. The government claims it was part of a "sting operation", yet it's funny how both Bush and Obama have completely ignored what's been going on in Mexico as has the media. From top to bottom so much of the country is engulged in chaos and war from the cartels, as they infest hundreds of major US cities with their poison. Already they kill people in the US and have battles on the outskirts of US border towns...but nooo, it's "Muslim militants" the US thinks the real threat. Meanwhile ya got these right wingers talking about "all them illegals"(ie: mostly honest, hard working families trying to get away from that mess)

Oh and then last year in the media, it was revealed Wells Fargo's Wachovia and other banks knowingly was complicit in laundering 368 billion for drug cartels. This whole world is getting sicker and sicker

Drtooth

Reaction score
Will that help the families who are victims of an addict though?
Crackheads are going to get crack anyway. Why should we have to blow billions of dollars, risk hundreds of lives, and incite so much horrible violence that actually benefits the enemy just to punish someone who's selfishly killing themselves anyway?

It's a huge dilemma that has no win situations. I'd hate to think we'd have to legalize the stuff... but everything the US has done just benefits the cartel, or lets them shake it off with price increases. They revel in the fact its illegal and all the bungling Inspector Zenegata type legislation that make it all the more profitable and give them all the more power. No matter what we do, we're screwed. But one way saves a fortune of tax dollars (which would be better suited to anti-drug treatments) and our military.

I hate "wars on." No matter what we declare war on, we always lose.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Crackheads are going to get crack anyway. Why should we have to blow billions of dollars, risk hundreds of lives, and incite so much horrible violence that actually benefits the enemy just to punish someone who's selfishly killing themselves anyway?
I'm just saying, what do we tell the families who will continue to be abused?