For People Who Watch Plaza Sesamo

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
what is the oldest skit youve ever seen on there? mine wood have to be the original rubber ducky. what is yours?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the two oldest ones I saw were El Patito (Rubber Duckies) and Círculos (circles) with an old version of Herry (with a fuzzy blue nose)!!!

Unfortunately, they're showing this lousy season on Planeta U (the children's segment of Univision) where they only have one Muppet segment and show these unfunny old cartopons they ALWAYS show on Plaza Sesamo. One time the only Muppet segment they showed was one with Big Bird talking about the letter O for 2 seconds! @#$%%!!!!

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
I remember the sketch with Big Bird talking about O but i also remember in the same episode a sketch with Grover teaching a class as Super Grover. Or maybe it was a diffrent episode. I think they still play the same amount of muppet skits but they play them much later than they used to. I have one video with the Kermit and Grover skit where Grover climbs stairs and it started like 10 mins or so into the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
I remember the sketch with Big Bird talking about O but i also remember in the same episode a sketch with Grover teaching a class as Super Grover. Or maybe it was a diffrent episode.
That'[s EXACTLY the episode I'm talking about!!! Actually, they were two episodes pieced together and editted for some goffy claymation cartoon called "FER" which isn't the least bit funny!!!

But come on! A two second clip of Big Bird? They showed that stupid cartoon about the triangle a million times on Plaza Sesamo! Two weeks ago, I was spoiled! They showed at times five or more Muppet clips. And songs too! They had Wet or Dry (Mojado o seco ) among others!

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
didnt plaza sesamo use to also be commercial free? there are so many commercials now i forget if im wayching an infomercial or the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It depends on where you watched it. On PBS, it was commercial free, but it ended 3-5 minutes earlier than most PBS shows.

On Univision, there ARE comercials to be dealt with! It's just ironic that the Juicy Fruit or whatever that gum is called commercial (the one with the kid's show and the whale) airs on it.

If it wasn't for the unfunny, overstylized Fer cartoon on after it, I'd bet they'd show more Plaza Sesamo and not chop off so much!

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
actually i remember watching plaza sesamo commercial free on univsion. i never knew it was on pbs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was on MY PBS, anyway. They tried an experiment that lasted a year or so, in which they had a block of Spanish language programming, and the line up was Plaza Sesamo, followed by dubbed versions of Dragon Tales and Clifford (I loved the Spanish version theme of Clifford! Viva CLifford, el Perro gigante!!!!!)

My one problem was that they showed a certain few of them over and over, and never ordered new Eps, so they would all be the same few over and over. One time they had this one with the Spanish Language version of "Everybody's Song" (which was quite catchy, if I should say so) but there was this glitch in the tape they recived, and during Mahnah Manah's scat solo, it paused everytime they showed it!

Oh! And they showed this one skit with Elmo too many times. It drove me BATTY!!!