1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TikiColadas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

Hello friends!

I am so excited to announce some great new and exciting news! I am not sure if this has been mentioned on MC but I just found out from a friend who works as a manager for Build A Bear Workshop that there will be MUPPETS released for sale at BUILD A BEAR this year!

My friend showed me an inner company email release stating that Kermit and Miss Piggy will be released at the end of February or beginning of March in celebration of the release of the new MUPPETS movie on DVD and BluRay. My friend allowed me to take a photo of the email showing Kermit and Miss Piggy but I had to crop out the remaining details from the document. I can tell you that there are possible plans for other Muppet Characters to be released at a later date but it was not confirmed. The email listed Gonzo, Fozzie, Scooter and Walter as the future possible released characters. But again, those characters were not listed as definite but Kermit and Piggy are. The document also listed Muppet clothing and accessories to be released with Kermit and Piggy!

I am SO EXCITED! Cheers to all MUPPET FANS for brand New Muppets at Build A Bear Workshop coming soon in the next month and a half!

Here is the photo I took. :)

[​IMG]
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

nice i need a walter and scooter
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  3. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Oh man! I just wish they had a Gonzo!
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  4. muppetlover123

well they might
    it said up there maybe :concern:
  5. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

If Gonzo ever becomes a possibility, I will drive up to Portland to make myself one.
    TikiColadas likes this.
  6. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

I AGREE! I can't wait to get Kermit and Piggy and I hope the other characters get released.
    *fingers crossed*
    MWoO and Puckrox like this.
  7. muppetlover123

8. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I would be so happy if they made a Scooter <3 My only Scooter plush is small and his eyes are off center :(

I would be very happy to have a nice big build a bear Scooter :D And Fozzie too, he deserves more love!

As for Kermit and Miss Piggy, I think I must pick up one of each <3
    Puckrox and TikiColadas like this.
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Ooh, I hope that the actual dolls look that good. And if they really do add Scooter to the lineup I will HAVE to make me one.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That Piggy is FANTASTIC! Piggy is notoriously hard to get right in plush form...
    Worst cases she looks terrible
    [​IMG]
    Best cases, she looks okay...
    [​IMG]

But that's one of, if not THE best Piggy plush toys I've ever seen.

That Kermit's pretty good too, though the arms are a little chunky.
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  11. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Build a bear is also in the UK I hope we get them here too. Miss piggy looks adorable!

Chris
  12. Kermieuk

I also wonder if piggy will have costumes based on ones she has actually worn? White silk from s1 would be great.

Chris
  13. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, they both look so dang HUGGABLE! :D Piggy, oh my gosh, she is definitely the best Piggy plush I've seen, ever!! Of course, it might depend on how much stuffing you get, or how well the BaB builder stuffs her proportion-wise, but IIRC, sometimes the heads are pre-stuffed already? Anyway, I'll definitely make a special trip to Reno just for these guys when they're released!

Finally, a Piggy plush that shows how beautiful she really is!! And Kermit, wow, his likeness hasn't been the best over the years, can't wait to own them both!

Thanks for the news TC!!
    :)
    Anthony
  14. Walter

Walter Active Member

*MUPPET FAN EXPLOSION*!!!

Alright!!!! Kermit?!?! Piggy?!?! Gonzo!?!?!!?...If they ever do release Walter, I will quite literally do everything they make you do with the utmost lack of embarassment(Kiss the heart, make a wish, hug it...:o..Oh cmon you know that's weird!!) Kermit and piggy are great, Actually, I just realized I can order them all online!!!
  15. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Those are adorable! Both really well done!
  16. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

like the piggy but have enough kermits.. when they do these they often have smaller stuffed animals of other characters you can buy as well just a thought
  17. Kermieuk

The clue is in the name ....build a bear!! Where's fozzie??

Chris
    Muppetfan44 and DramaQueenMokey like this.
  18. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

The bodies look a bit out of proportion to me-more like Muppet Babies bodies.
  19. Carl23

Carl23 Member

My question is WHY is Fozzie not the first one? But it's already been asked. I can see these really taking off, and it would be amazing if the set listed gets produced. Fozzie in particular would look GREAT in Build A Bear's style. It'd also be great if they did a VoiceBox with the Muppet Show theme on it.

EDIT: Waitwaitwait... is that "Miss Piggy Puppet" I spot at the very bottom of that image? Are these guys gonna be PUPPETS?
  20. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

holy mother of jim henson!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!
    i'm finally going to build a bear workshop now.
    TikiColadas likes this.