FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, HASBRO! KNOCK IT OFF!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wow. What a low-concept idea for a film. But anyone can play this game too...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming to a theater nowhere near you....What if you could instantly know the consequences of all your decisions as soon as you made them? No waiting, no lingering. You either win or lose. Live or die in... CHUTES AND LADDERS!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow. What a low-concept idea for a film. But anyone can play this game too...
There is nothing this film could aspire to be than a low quality Cars ripoff. Maybe a low quality Cars ripoff mixed with Bob the Builder.

If this was a children's TV series, I wouldn't say anything... but their boardgame movie didn't do all that well, and is basically a laughing stock. Plus, and this isn't coming from a Brony, but just make a theatrical MLP:FIM movie. Get the same writing talent to bang out a movie worthy concept. That would do a million times better than this film. it has a built in fanbase of little girls and guys in their 20's.

Just NO MORE movies based on franchises that shouldn't be movies.

And put the Mr. Potatohead Puppet show on Hub.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Next thing you know they will make a movie about strategic naval battle board games :smile:...ooo twister the movie.....how about cooties the movie..... No seriously I thought battle ship was going to be a bunch of guys shouting out B5 and hit or miss

Drtooth

Reaction score
Next thing you know they will make a movie about strategic naval battle board games :smile:...ooo twister the movie.....how about cooties the movie..... No seriously I thought battle ship was going to be a bunch of guys shouting out B5 and hit or miss
Twister has too many adult film applications to it. I can't not make a joke about that's inappropriate for the site. :big_grin:

But like I said before, G.I. Joe and Transformers (as much as Bay screwed it up)... those properties have built in storylines. Heck, they needed storylines to sell those toys in the 80's, Transformers especially. Why don't they consider resurrecting some other boy's action toy line, or better yet, come up with one and make a movie based on that?

Even Clue had story potential when they made that a movie. I can't think of anything even close to a story about Tonka Trucks that isn't some ripoff of Cars or Bob the Builder, if they're going to go the construction route.

Still, the best way to go about it is a kid's television program first, and then use that world to build a movie. Though, I can't see a Tonka cartoon movie being anything but a pre-school film more suitable for a DTV release that gets a Kidtoons cinema treatment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well duh, look who's involved with this! Anything Adam Sandler has his hand in is bound to suck.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well duh, look who's involved with this! Anything Adam Sandler has his hand in is bound to suck.
I doubt Sandler himself had to pitch this to Sony. It's just a production company. And yes, anything he basically did after the 90's pretty much sucked, though Mah Boi looks decent.

Still, Sony Animation. That just adds another layer of terrible. I don't want to go on another debate about why I hated Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I want to see Hotel Transylvania, though... only because Genndy Tartikofski's behind it. But I really dislike everything Sony animation studios stands for.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And yes, anything he basically did after the 90's pretty much sucked, though Mah Boi looks decent.
Yeah, why don't we do a comedy about the Florida Zombie Cannibal who was high on bathsalts? That'd be a pretty decent movie too.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was going to make some snide remark about this movie, but you know, I would rather watch this than that movie "from the makers of family guy" about that teddy bear that comes to life :/

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Seth McFarlane can pull off a long-form movie without being able to load up on cut-aways to paper over things. My money's on "no".