1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

For those who think McDonalds sponsoring Sesame Street is unusual

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrMuppet93, Jan 18, 2019.

1. MrMuppet93

MrMuppet93 Well-Known Member

For those of you who think Sesame Street being sponsored by McDonald's is sacrilege---

Here is an OLDER PBS program sponsored by McDonald's (this is the original show not the reboot):

2. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

So basically ZOOM was Laugh In for kids.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hardly. ZOOM was more or less a collection of various different activities and such sent in by kids for kids. Yeah, they did occasionally do humorous little sketches, but they were few and far between; again, it was more or less an activity show: games, crafts, science experiments, recipes, etc.

4. datman24

datman24 Active Member

I’ve never really watched the original ZOOM, however, I do remember watching the the ‘90s one, and I recall it being really boring.

5. D'Snowth

I never saw the original ZOOM either, but likewise, the 90s/2000s version. It was engaging enough of a show - they even did an episode about puppets that I taped and still have.

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

The 90s/00s Zoom was something for its time.

One of those shows where you just wish you could have been on it.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I would go on the Zoom website all the time when I was younger.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

Same here.

9. D'Snowth

You being close to the area, you probably could!

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

But that was back when it wasn't known just how unhealthy McDonald's is for your child.

11. MrMuppet93

Yeah, "I'm Lovin' It", the jingle, and of course Super Size Me killed McDonalds.........

12. MrMuppet93

Yeah, "I'm Lovin' It", the jingle, and of course Super Size Me killed McDonalds.........

13. D'Snowth

McDonald's is looong overdue for a new slogan. I remember as a kid, they changed it constantly: "Good Food, Good Value," "Do You Believe In Magic?" "Did Somebody Say [McDonald's]?" and "We Love To See You Smile" are some of the slogans I remember them using before they went with "I'm Lovin' It." I'm pretty sure "I'm Lovin' It" is old enough to be someone's father by now.

14. LittleJerry92

It’s over 10 years now.

It really needs to be changed.

15. MrMuppet93

Retire the jingle and slogan!

16. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

They could just as well bring back one of their older slogans and still get by with it, seeing as everything old is new again. I wonder how far back they'll go? "You deserve a break today"? "McDonalds is our kind of place"? "It's a good time for the great taste of McDonalds"?

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  17. MrMuppet93

I want them to bring back "McDonalds Is Your Kind Of Place"! I love that jingle!

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  18. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I miss the good old days when kids could eat crap and just be happy about it. I remeber going to the local McDonalds, getting a happy meal, and just having fun with a neat toy. Then I would bring my ninja turtles to my friends house and pretend to engage in violent battle or use lego pieces to build proton blasters from Ghostbusters. Back before everything was bad for you.

Life before knowledge was great.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

Remember when Happy Meals used to actually come with treats such as cookies shaped like the McDonaldland characters and stuff like that? Now they come with stuff like apple slices, or yogurt . . . y'know, stuff kids can eat any other time anyway?

20. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

Oh man, don't even get me started on McDonaldland Cookies! Mom and I are still to this day disappointed in their decision to remove them. They were so good, cause they weren't just plain old shortbread cookies, they had a bit of a vanilla and cinnamon thing going on. They were perfect, but now they are nothing more than a memory. :cry: