1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Forgotton Muppets.

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by zeldazipple, Aug 19, 2006.

1. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

This is a something I been wondering about and wanted to hear what other's people's opinions are about the forgotton Muppet Charecters and what you think might have happened to them.
    Starting with Chellie from Big Bag. If anyone else has a forgotton charecter they want to talk about ofcourse add he, she or it to the thread. I think they could enclude all Jim Henson Charecters it dosen't have to be in the Muppet Catagory. Just as long is it's Jim Henson Related.
    Some questions to ponder...
    Did they move on?
    Didn't like being in the spotlight and choose to be in the background?
    Maybe fell in love?
    Maybe even died?
    Other questions may be added.
    So we don't get our charecters confused we can put the chreter we are talking about in the subject box just to simplafie things.
    I might use some of your ideas for fan fics maybe maybe not depends if i get a braine storm.
  2. NeopetsVMKKelly

NeopetsVMKKelly New Member

What about George the Janitor? But i can't think of anything that might of happened, because i'm not good at fan-fic writing.
  3. Princeton

Princeton Guest

So this thread is for fictional backstory?
  4. George the janitor was taken off after the first season along with a lot of the other muppets.
  5. puppetise

puppetise Member

oh natasha the babey monster from sesame street and her dad
  6. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

I love George, he was awesome. I guess it was too hard for Frank to have Fozzie, Piggy, AND George, who would be backstage interacting with everyone.

If you ask me, Beauregard is severely underappreciated by the general public. I wish he'd be in future productions, he's just too great.

And Fizzgig! He's the unsung hero of Dark Crystal, man!

Oh, and Brewster! All of his lines were so memorable! "Let's see, gribbaziggy...ah, here it is: a medieval form of gribbazoogum."
  7. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

SO that's what that guy's name is! I have been wondering for so long.
  8. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I kind of imagined George marrying Mildred since they danced together a lot during the "At the Dance" segments.
  9. Meggy

Meggy New Member

I am wondering about some old SS favorites: Amazing Mumford ( a magic trick backfired and he vanished)? Don Music- ( aggrevated so often that he decided to go unseen) and Guy Smiley (in the Home for Retired Game Show hosts). Forgetful Jones is SOMEWHERE- asking "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"
  10. superboober

superboober Member

Perhaps Sherlock Hemlock moved back across the Pond when business got slow.
  11. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

I'm not sure what happened to Mumford, but here's what happened to the others.

Don Music - Was canned when it was decided that his banging his head on his piano might encourage kids to do the same.

Guy Smiley - Retired when Jim passed away, although Eric Jacobson has performed him a few times as of late--could this be a renaissance for everybody's favorite game show host?

Forgetful Jones - Retired when Richard passed away and was never seen again. :cry:

Well, hope that answers your questions.
  12. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

There is a looong list of "forgotton Muppets", here are a few more...

Babble
    Mugsy
    Really all the Muppets from "The Tale of the Bunny Panic" (besides Bean)
    Billy Bunny
    Droop
    Lips (even though he actuall got his own figure, if you can believe that, :) )
    Mildread
    Don Music
    Lou Fraggle

The list can go on and on.
  13. Wayne and Wanda from the muppet show. Kermit fired them after season one.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Actually...when they used to dance, Mildred was already married. George was just her...er...dancing partner.

And, yes, I am under-appreciated!

Wait...not that Beauregard...nevermind...
  15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

You know who esle is a really forgotton Muppet?

Bad Andy.

Remember from the Dominos pizza commericals. I can easly image like if the Muppets had their own world. Muppets like Kermit and Miss.Piggy live in nice big houses, while Andy there is homeless on the streets.

I have too much time to think about odd things like that, :) ;) .
  16. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

17. PhsychoChimp

PhsychoChimp New Member

Biff
    Sully
    Hoots
    Leon
    Digit
    Vickie
    Lindburgh
    Leo
    Pops
    Catgut
    Mean Mama
    Grump
    Any others that don't appear anymore.
  18. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Hoots isn't a forgotten muppet, he appeared in the 36th Season opener singing a song with John Legend.
  19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

...don't forget about ol' Thog! I LOVE HIM!!! Him and Sweetums are MY Favs of the MUppet Monsters, along with Gorgon Heep and Doglion and the Mutations and Beautiful day Monester! :cool:
  20. rachelfromatlanta

rachelfromatlanta New Member

Harvey Kneeslapper (Sesame Street)

He always freaked me out when I was a kid ... I had some very odd dreams about him too.

After all these years I still remember him though. He is permanently burned in my memory holding a buzzer in his hand and looking for a poor sucker to shake it. :D