Forgotton Muppets.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Meggy said:
I am wondering about some old SS favorites: Amazing Mumford ( a magic trick backfired and he vanished)? Don Music- ( aggrevated so often that he decided to go unseen) and Guy Smiley (in the Home for Retired Game Show hosts). Forgetful Jones is SOMEWHERE- asking "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"
I'm not sure what happened to Mumford, but here's what happened to the others.

Don Music - Was canned when it was decided that his banging his head on his piano might encourage kids to do the same.

Guy Smiley - Retired when Jim passed away, although Eric Jacobson has performed him a few times as of late--could this be a renaissance for everybody's favorite game show host?

Forgetful Jones - Retired when Richard passed away and was never seen again. :cry:

Well, hope that answers your questions.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
There is a looong list of "forgotton Muppets", here are a few more...

Babble
Mugsy
Really all the Muppets from "The Tale of the Bunny Panic" (besides Bean)
Billy Bunny
Droop
Lips (even though he actuall got his own figure, if you can believe that, :smile: )
Mildread
Don Music
Lou Fraggle

The list can go on and on.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Wayne and Wanda from the muppet show. Kermit fired them after season one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
I kind of imagined George marrying Mildred since they danced together a lot during the "At the Dance" segments.
Actually...when they used to dance, Mildred was already married. George was just her...er...dancing partner.

And, yes, I am under-appreciated!

Wait...not that Beauregard...nevermind...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know who esle is a really forgotton Muppet?

Bad Andy.

Remember from the Dominos pizza commericals. I can easly image like if the Muppets had their own world. Muppets like Kermit and Miss.Piggy live in nice big houses, while Andy there is homeless on the streets.

I have too much time to think about odd things like that, :smile: :wink: .

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Biff
Sully
Hoots
Leon
Digit
Vickie
Lindburgh
Leo
Pops
Catgut
Mean Mama
Grump
Any others that don't appear anymore.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hoots isn't a forgotten muppet, he appeared in the 36th Season opener singing a song with John Legend.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
...don't forget about ol' Thog! I LOVE HIM!!! Him and Sweetums are MY Favs of the MUppet Monsters, along with Gorgon Heep and Doglion and the Mutations and Beautiful day Monester! :cool:

Reaction score
Harvey Kneeslapper (Sesame Street)

He always freaked me out when I was a kid ... I had some very odd dreams about him too.

After all these years I still remember him though. He is permanently burned in my memory holding a buzzer in his hand and looking for a poor sucker to shake it. :big_grin: