Forum Mailer

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Hensonville City 2011 thread, and where is the forum mailer that is mentioned? I have looked all over and cannot find it. There is a possibility that I am overlooking it, however.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Do you mean having emails sent when a thread gets a response?

You have to click "more options" next to "Post Reply" and click on the checkbox thats says "receive email notifications"

If you mean the mailing list to receive muppet news...thats under the help section of the site

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, no. The Count says to email him through the forum's mailer when someone would like to join.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Oh...ok. So the pm system here would be the Conversation interaction ability then? That would make sense.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry for confusing people with outdated terms since the forums switched to a Facebookized format.

The PM option would now be the "Start a Conversation" link attached to a member's instant profile view.
"Forum mailer" was referant to the fact that when you clicked on a member's profile, if you wanted to contact them you had two options: Send member an email, or Send member a Private Message.
So forget the "forum mailer" bit and just go with the conversation option. However, if this is related to HV application submissions, I would advise you wait until January 7 as that will most probably end up being the date I'll admit requests from people already registered as part of the roster and new applicant hopefuls as well.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Ah, ok. That makes more sense. Thank you, and, you guessed right, I'll wait until January 7 for a submission.