vBulletin Forum Questions: How Do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is devoted solely to questions and answers that everyone has about our new forum. Below are some of the more common questions and answers you may have. Read over the list carefully. If your question isn't listed, post a reply and we'll try to respond with an answer.

How to add avatars/sig pictures?

Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make.

Due to the large number of Web sites that are preventing linking of images, we will host one avater image per individual. As you can see, mine is a picture of Kermit. You can add any picture you want. The dimensions can be up to 64 by 64 pixels.

Here are the steps to adding your avatar after your image is the correct dimensions, 64 by 64 pixels max...

(1) Click on "user control panel" in the top right corner
(2) Click on "edit options"
(3) At the bottom of the page go to "Avatar" then "change"
(4) Upload your image from your hard drive

IF you get a message that your image if to big, e-mail it to me and I'll optimize it for you so that you don't loose quality but that it will be small enough to meet the size requirements.

Read over the frequently asked questions.

If you look in the top right-hand corner, click on the FAQ link and it will go over many of the basics of the forum. Keep in mind that not all of the features discussed there are currently implemented in our interface.

How do I get started posting?

In the top right-hand corner, click on the "register" link and follow the instructions. After you register, be sure to check out your unique user control panel for lots of customizable features.

What about private messaging and attachments?

Right now both of these features are disabled. We're testing the forum over the next few weeks to see how much bandwidth the forum uses over time. If we can implement these features in the future we will, but we can't make any promises right now. There are a ton of other features though that you can adjust and play with to your heart's content.

How did I get to the new messages and how do I know what I've read?

New messages appear with either a yellow check mark or a yellow envelope (that's for you Emmy, LOL). After you read a discussion it turns blue. Also when you first log-in to the forum at the top of the page is a link to "View New Posts". This will take you to the latest discussion in all forums.

There are many other ways to read messages. All of the discussions you subscribe to or post in can be linked from your control panel as well.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Phil,
My sig doesnt seem to be working !

Oh and i need to color those two white dots in on my Avatar, And its not transparent.

got any ideas ?

It looks like its all going well so far !

See ya

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the E-mail , Phil! I'm all set! The new forum looks great!

"Welcome Home.. Welcome Home..... to Happiness Hotel!"

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Phil,
you can disregard the e-mail I sent you. the answer is "Yes,I was misssing a step" the good news is now I can be dim in a whole NEW forum!!!

--Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil

Hey,
Thanks for the help Phil and Jamie.

My Sig is now fixed and my sig is coming along fine !

See ya
*Warrick*

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Phil

Thanks for the welcome (and for making those changes for me). The new forum looks very smart - well done !

Luke
(of course this whole post is just a cunning ruse to test my avatar) ;-)

Ryan

Reaction score
Phil-

How do I make my Avatar's backround macth the backround color??:confused:

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Just posting to make sure I've done everything right. I guess it worked, and I'm all here now.

This is gonna be fun.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.