1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Forum Questions: How Do I?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2002.

1. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

SO LIKE WHAT DO I DO NOW

HI EVERYONE:

I am new to the forum (actually I was on delphi since jan. but I never posted). Right now I am trying to figure out how to upload my avatar but I wind up with a message that it is not a valid file. I tried to email it to Phil but i couldnt figure out a way to attach the file... so I guess the question is "what do I do now?" PLEASE HELP
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Check the instructions I listed a few posts back and make sure the image is 64 x 64. That should work and welcome to the new forum! "fer sure"
  3. MahnaMahna

MahnaMahna New Member

I've found my way over. I even think I figured out the avatar....

Mark
  4. Thog

Thog New Member

Where am I?!?!
    Whats happening?!?!?!
    [/IMG] :D
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Re: SO LIKE WHAT DO I DO NOW

FER SURE "what do I do now?" PLEASE HELP

Hiya! Welcome to MC!!

When I sent mine, I just sent it via regular email to Phil and he attached my pic that-a-way.

Later,
    FOZ
  6. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Hiya, hiya, hiya, Foz! Glad you found your way over here. :)

CD
  7. Fozzie Bear

CHILLY!!

HEY BUD!!!

You know I ain't staying away from my MC Family!! Sayin' Goodbye isn't anything I'll do...or sing.

FOZ
    (Glad to see folks slowly showing up, and happy to see the once silent finally speaking!! Aint you?)
  8. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hey Phil-

How can I log out of the forums when I am done? I know there is a "log out" at the bottom, but when I returned to the forums I found that I didn't have to log in. If I use a different computer (like at the library) I don't want to still be logged in.

Thanks

- Billy :cool:
  9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Billy,

At the bottom of the forum home page are some options on the right-hand side. You can either log in or out depending on your status.

When you're at the library, just log in to the forum then when you're done log out. After you log out on the library's computer, someone else can't log back in again under your name without your password.

If you don't log out though, you'll automatically be logged in when you return IF you have that option set in your control panel.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hi

I notice this as well, and i have cookies turned on and everything. Maybe it only works if you actually physically 'log out' ? Either that or even when you go away from the site it keeps your session open for a while longer.

Eitherway cookies are never that reliable on these forums - maybe they are just getting mixed up or something.
  11. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Garri and Luke

Hey Guys
    Well i dont log out and when i come back a few hours later or the next day the same stuff is still there.

You need to refresh teh main forums page, Then when you go into a thread just hit refresh.

It seems like they should refresh themeselves but they are not.

see ya
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Phil, BlueFrackle and whoever the heck else cares

This is really beginning to annoy me - the 'View New Messages' shows me the new messages that i've just viewed. This is now a pain because the only solution to seeing who was replying to you was to look at 'View New Messages' since i have email notifications turned off (don't want 100 emails for every thread) and since we can't do specific replies.

So basically there is now no working solution to seeing who has replied to you, or what new threads you haven't read, without going in and out of every folder.

Also i notice that on the 'Whos Online' it keeps people in the listing for about an hour after they leave the site.

I take it cookies aren't working or the time before they are set to expire is too long. It's really confusing on a busy board like this - any news Phil on whether replies to specific people will come with V3 or if this can be sorted ? People not being able to get specific replies or even see whats new on the forum with a click is gonna wreck any chance of repeat traffic from newbies.
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Luke,

After you read messages and go to the "View new messages" page, be sure to hit refresh either with the refresh button or by right clicking and choosing refresh (if your browser offers this function). The yellow icons should then change to blue for you.

Logging out after your session will also help some of the issues you are having, especially if you change computers.

There will be many modifications and improvements with version 3.0 which we'll be rolling out later this summer when it is released.
  14. Fozzie Bear

Luke-

I get irritated that I get emails from the thing and they tell me so-and-so has responded to me, and they didn't; but rather responded to someone else...no mention of FOZ in their posts at all! Wonder what's happening??

FOZ
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Kevin

I'll respond to you. LOL!
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Phillip

Thanks for the help - i think i'm now understanding this a little. I thought that when you read a post, it should then dissapear from the 'New Messages' list. Instead as you say the little envelope symbol turns from yellow to blue. I hadn't understood that it worked that way with the 'new message' section as well as the normal boards.

Can i make a big suggestion ? Can you get Jamie to make one of those little purple buttons above (like the User CP one), mark it 'New Msgs' or 'New Posts' and put it in the header with the others. If we could have a link to that 'New Messages' section from wherever we are on the forum it would mean that we don't have to find our way back to the main index every time we want to see new posts. I guess this would be easy enough to magic up !.

The whole logging in and logging out thing did clear the 'New Messages' list, same as the 'Mark All As Read' thing at the bottom of the New Messages page. I'll have to remember to do one of those two things or just remember what all the little envelope symbols mean.
  17. Raech

Raech Member

Ok Phillip, can you please put the definative answer of what each envelope type means??

(not the forum box with the check in it- I got that much).

Thanks. Cos they are confusing lots of us.

Also one thread had an orange evelope for me. And I logged out and back on and it was no longer orange / hot topic.
    :confused:
  18. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Raech,

If you go onto the main Forums page, Scroll down to the bottom there is a list of all the envelopes and what they mean.

Hope it helps !

See ya
  19. Fozzie Bear

Frogboy--

Yer a nice man!

FOZ :)
  20. Raech

Raech Member

Nope these are *not* what I needed to know. I mean the envelopes. not the check box thingies.

Well, I read someone elses description, and decided that beyond that... I just do not care anymore what these silly confusing things mean. Oh well. Thanks anyway.