Found the first Invisible Beaker on ebay...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yeah nice pic too...I don't know about you, but I NEVER buy off ebay if there is no photo of the goods. Skip right past it.

MM-III

Reaction score
Well, the most important thing for me is their feedback... not just the number but the ratio of negatives to positives.

But yeah, it's always sketchy when they don't post a pic.

I'm gonna wait until just the invisible beaker by itself appears... after all, thanks to the club, my vc beaker is assured.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Glad to hear you guys are so cautious. I only got burned once myself (and only for $5.00, I took a calculated rsk, and lost).

I came across this bozo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748091580

He is flat out lying about the production numbers. I wrote him and told him he should not guarentee there are only that many made, because that is not accurate.
He sent me back a hostile e-mail, I don't know what the #$%@ I am talking about, and I wasn't there so I should mind my own business.

He is alos asking $96 for it, and has a 70 feedback, with 10% negative or neutral!

wotta bonehead!

MM-III

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that auction... I wouldn't worry... I don't think any VC beakers are going to sell for that high... unless the seller is lucky enough to come across a complete fool... I mean buy it nows ranging as low as 35 bucks can be found for beaker so you'd really have to be lazy to not seek out one of those.

BAZ

Reaction score
Ebay Prices

I saw some of those yesterday. The guy selling Beaker for an opening bid of $96 just floored me. Does he really think that people won't the others going for a lot less?

uncleduke

Reaction score
His greed does not effect me, it is more his flat out lying about the production numbers, and then when it is pointed out to him that he has errored, he gets very hostile.
I would not deal with him if he was selling them for ten cents

Also the guy with the Invisable Beaker, notice how all his fedback is for buying, not selling. Another red flag

bhg738

Reaction score
Can I just point out to Ken and MM-III that I am VERY unhappy with you.

Just beacuse someone does not have a photo does not mean that they are dishonest or their goods are poor.

I have no scanner but have conducted 100's of auctions. It is about integrity. If someone is going to screw you they are going to do it with or without a picture. Why pass up on something because they have no picture. No-one can argue a decent point for it! Some people may not be able to afford a scanner or have the technical ability to get a picture shown - does not mean you should be put off!

At least MM-III has the sense to look at the feedback but to just pass up on something or someone as there is no picture is a poor attitude! Why is it scetchy?

I am sorry for the rant and am not getting at you but this really is a poor comment from you both!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I think you need to consider what I said more carefully. I said NOTHING about dishonesty, integrity, intention or anything of the sort. I simply stated that if there was no pic, I passed. Wouldn't you agree that's my right as an e-bay buyer? If I want to see something before I buy, that is simply a consumer position, not a statement of the seller's auction.

MY post describes my behavior, not an e-bay seller. Hey, if you decide to call me out on something I am totally cool with that...just call me out on something when I have actually said something untoward.