Foz Goes To Mexico!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA!!

Holy Frijoles!! In about a little over a week, I'm actually going to Cancun, Mexico! I'll arrive the afternoon of May 16th and leave the afternoon of May 19th.

It is a trip that was won so all the food and expenses are taken care of...except to a field trip one day to a place called Tulum, which is REALLY REALLY old and is a Mayan settlement. There's like pyramids and stuff there.

SO, do we have any MC'ers down around either place who post here? OR are there going to be any MCers down there during that time? Anybody been and want to give advice?

Also, I figure I can get more free food by telling jokes on the corners--folks throw food at me and I can make tacos, right? Well, unless someone throws a cow instead of ground beef (and I hate when that happens).

Oh, and I was considering taking Muley down with me (everyone should know by now that's my puppet), but with all the security measures and things going on, I'm kinda worried a little bit about it. Suppose they rip him to shreds...I just don't feel like building another puppet right now! Anybody got some advice on how to handle this situation? It's be kewl to have Muley standing in front of some Mayan temple!!

And I'll be careful on the trip, too. If you all don't hear from me after the 16th, then you'll know the plane didn't land to safely...other than that, I'll be sure to tell all about my exciting experiences when I get home.

Wish it was another MuppetFest I was going to instead.

Later,
FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozz, man. Do me a favor. While your in Mexico, look for Plaza Sesamo toys. Don't buy me one, just look at them. Tell me if any exist!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
you betcha!! I'll look for some Pizza Sesame Bread for ya.

FOZ

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Kev,

Hey man, have a great trip ! And look out for Plaza Sesamo stuffs !

Toothy, you are asking if they exist ?!

Check my Website, Plaza Sesamo Page ! And i got some doubles, Wanna trade ?

See ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Fozzie. Let me be the first to wish you (as the old ALFster would say) a chocolate bon bon voyage! And whatever you do, on the airplane, don't eat the fish!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Warrick, I'll be looking for some Plaster Sesame Seed characters for ya while I"m down there!! If it ain't too expensive, I might try to bring some home...MIGHT!! I have to have money for my sombrero and pancho!

Drtooth, Thanks for the well wishes. I just hope my plane doesn't land too harshly in a wave of flames! EEK!! I'm kinda worried, but not really.

I have decided to take Muley on this trip as a carry-on; to let him talk all the way down there...folks like him better than they like me anyhow, but that's not a bad thing!!

Later,
FOZ

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kevin, here are just a few tips for you while you're in Cancun. :smile:
  • Never pay full price for anything at the local shops.
  • Have your picture (or Muley's) taken in front of Senor Frogs.
  • DON'T drink the water, unless it's bottled, or the hotel promises that they purify. *Hint*: if it's brown don't drink it.
  • Take a dip in the ocean.
  • Check out the Mayan ruins.
  • Take the city bus to get around, but be prepared to have the ride of your life!
  • Exchange your money at the hotel. This is important. Don't give american dollars to any establishment for goods, they'll rip you off.
  • Be careful at the airport as locals will insist on carrying your bags and then will *insist* on an outrageous tip before they return your bags to you.
  • Last but not least... BE CAREFUL AND HAVE FUN!

Drtooth

Reaction score
An' say hello to the Tijuana Toads, while your at it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cindy Chapman
Hey Kevin, here are just a few tips for you while you're in Cancun. :smile:
Thanks, Cindy!!

I called American Airlines today, and Airport Police and Security...Muley will be safe for sure, so "this" kevin won't have the same problems with his puppet that Kevin Clash had with Elmo!! Muley has a reservation on my ticket now...I just made it sound like I knew Kevin Clash! LOL! I never said that I knew him, though, because that would be just wrong.

I've been forewarned about the water, Montezuma's Revenge I think they call it. Oh, and we're going about 60-70 miles south of Cancun to Tulum to see the ruins...it's my understanding I may get to go INSIDE one of the ruins' pyramids!! WOOHOO!!!! Move over Indiana Jones!!

We will try to get out to Senor Frogs, but Muley is afraid of warts. We're also going for a swim in the big blue wet thing, but not drinking any of it, and thanks MOST especially for info about money transactions! Now I won't get robbed of something I don't have! Whew!

Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll be thinking about all my friends while I'm there!

Later,
FOZ

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Kevin

Have a great time!!!

hey..did you say you won the trip? how did you win? by thowing a rubber chicken the farthest? I'm glad you found a safe way to bring Muley along. Have a fun safe time!

Zack)Rowlf the,bring back Speedy Gonzas if you see him! Dog