1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Foz Goes To Mexico!!!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Fozzie Bear, May 6, 2002.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

HIYA!!

Holy Frijoles!! In about a little over a week, I'm actually going to Cancun, Mexico! I'll arrive the afternoon of May 16th and leave the afternoon of May 19th.

It is a trip that was won so all the food and expenses are taken care of...except to a field trip one day to a place called Tulum, which is REALLY REALLY old and is a Mayan settlement. There's like pyramids and stuff there.

SO, do we have any MC'ers down around either place who post here? OR are there going to be any MCers down there during that time? Anybody been and want to give advice?

Also, I figure I can get more free food by telling jokes on the corners--folks throw food at me and I can make tacos, right? Well, unless someone throws a cow instead of ground beef (and I hate when that happens).

Oh, and I was considering taking Muley down with me (everyone should know by now that's my puppet), but with all the security measures and things going on, I'm kinda worried a little bit about it. Suppose they rip him to shreds...I just don't feel like building another puppet right now! Anybody got some advice on how to handle this situation? It's be kewl to have Muley standing in front of some Mayan temple!!

And I'll be careful on the trip, too. If you all don't hear from me after the 16th, then you'll know the plane didn't land to safely...other than that, I'll be sure to tell all about my exciting experiences when I get home.

Wish it was another MuppetFest I was going to instead.

Later,
    FOZ
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Fozz, man. Do me a favor. While your in Mexico, look for Plaza Sesamo toys. Don't buy me one, just look at them. Tell me if any exist!
  3. Fozzie Bear

you betcha!! I'll look for some Pizza Sesame Bread for ya.

FOZ
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Kev,

Hey man, have a great trip ! And look out for Plaza Sesamo stuffs !

Toothy, you are asking if they exist ?!

Check my Website, Plaza Sesamo Page ! And i got some doubles, Wanna trade ?

See ya
  5. Drtooth

Well, Fozzie. Let me be the first to wish you (as the old ALFster would say) a chocolate bon bon voyage! And whatever you do, on the airplane, don't eat the fish!
  6. Fozzie Bear

BlueFrackle, I'll be looking for some Plaster Sesame Seed characters for ya while I"m down there!! If it ain't too expensive, I might try to bring some home...MIGHT!! I have to have money for my sombrero and pancho!

Drtooth, Thanks for the well wishes. I just hope my plane doesn't land too harshly in a wave of flames! EEK!! I'm kinda worried, but not really.

I have decided to take Muley on this trip as a carry-on; to let him talk all the way down there...folks like him better than they like me anyhow, but that's not a bad thing!!

Later,
    FOZ
  7. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Hey Kevin, here are just a few tips for you while you're in Cancun. :)
    • Never pay full price for anything at the local shops.
    • Have your picture (or Muley's) taken in front of Senor Frogs.
    • DON'T drink the water, unless it's bottled, or the hotel promises that they purify. *Hint*: if it's brown don't drink it.
    • Take a dip in the ocean.
    • Check out the Mayan ruins.
    • Take the city bus to get around, but be prepared to have the ride of your life!
    • Exchange your money at the hotel. This is important. Don't give american dollars to any establishment for goods, they'll rip you off.
    • Be careful at the airport as locals will insist on carrying your bags and then will *insist* on an outrageous tip before they return your bags to you.
    • Last but not least... BE CAREFUL AND HAVE FUN!
  8. Drtooth

An' say hello to the Tijuana Toads, while your at it!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Thanks, Cindy!!

I called American Airlines today, and Airport Police and Security...Muley will be safe for sure, so "this" kevin won't have the same problems with his puppet that Kevin Clash had with Elmo!! Muley has a reservation on my ticket now...I just made it sound like I knew Kevin Clash! LOL! I never said that I knew him, though, because that would be just wrong.

I've been forewarned about the water, Montezuma's Revenge I think they call it. Oh, and we're going about 60-70 miles south of Cancun to Tulum to see the ruins...it's my understanding I may get to go INSIDE one of the ruins' pyramids!! WOOHOO!!!! Move over Indiana Jones!!

We will try to get out to Senor Frogs, but Muley is afraid of warts. We're also going for a swim in the big blue wet thing, but not drinking any of it, and thanks MOST especially for info about money transactions! Now I won't get robbed of something I don't have! Whew!

Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll be thinking about all my friends while I'm there!

Later,
    FOZ
  10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Kevin

Have a great time!!!

hey..did you say you won the trip? how did you win? by thowing a rubber chicken the farthest? I'm glad you found a safe way to bring Muley along. Have a fun safe time!

Zack)Rowlf the,bring back Speedy Gonzas if you see him! Dog
  11. Fozzie Bear

Rowlf,

Thanks for the well wishes!!

I wish all my friends were going along!

No, the rubber chicken didn't have anything to do with it--I won by dodging the most tomatoes thrown at the comedian!

I work for my uncle selling insurance and making him rich, and he had highest sales in the region and won the trip; but since he's been gone so much lately (with folks like me and Tina working for you, why bother coming to work?) that he decided to let me have the trip this year. It's all inclusive at a resort called Moon Palace, which means the food and fun is all FREE!!! WOOHOO!! I really will be a bear when I get back after all that free food!

Muley is looking forward to the trip. He's only been on one plane trip out to MuppetFest, and had to ride in a bag then; this time, I'm going to let him sit on my knee the whole way...maybe put my cap out in the airport and make some change along the way!!

Tonight, we're going to a party that the Ronald McDonald House here in Memphis, TN, is having for us volunteers for having raised $452,000 lately during 4 different functions (and since Muley goes along on all the functions, he's kind of a volunteer, too). I kinda hope they let us get up to the podium so he can speak about the importance of the Ronald McDonald House and being a volunteer to help the children being treated for cancer at St. Jude. They always need volunteers or donations of money or food or supplies for the bathroom or pantry or cleaning or clothes or...everything you find in your own house, really. Well, everyone should check out www.rmhmemphis.org or your most local Ronald McDonald House to see how you can help. Well, there's my Public Service Announcement (Sorry about that! LOL!)

Well, Take care everyone if I don't get to post back anything til I get home!

Your pal,
    Kev de Foz le Mule
  12. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Kevin

Well,how was the trip Kevin? i didn't see a post yet unless i missed it, you are back right?

Zack)Rowlf the,that Dr teeth repaint went for about $45.00 on e-bay, and neither of us won it;-)Dog.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Rowlf!

Hiya!

I think I'm back; at least I answered the door when I knocked.

It was great!

First off, the trip down: I contacted American Airlines and so Muley was put on my reservation and had no problems til we were coming home. The Mexicans all loved Muley, and the American visitors got a kick out of him, too.

It was an all-inclusive trip, meaning all foods and drinks were free, including all activities (except motorized stuff). I ate so much and am fatter than normal.

There was a delicious desert called the Chocolate Volcano I'll always remember; it was a mound of chocolate with a strawberry cream center. the chocolate was smooth and soft and creamy and silky with white chocolate lava dripped down the sides and a cherry w/ a little bit of strawberry sauce dripped on it as well. The base of the plate was a kiwi/mango sauce. I'm talking mouth sensations of delicious qualities here, i can still taste it (i've not brushed my teeth yet) and wish for more.

We went to a place called Tulum where there were ancient Mayan ruins, and there was absolutely NO touching the places or temples, and I was then told (too late thanks) that I should have gone to Chichen Itza instead, that you can enter the temples and things.

On the way down to Tulum we stopped at a place where they make tequilla from plants. The guide saw Muley (yep, i had him there in case of photo op's) and had Muley stand next to him for the whole demonstration, and video cameras were filming! He had Muley write his name inside the branch of the plant, then he peeled it out and showed us what the Mayans used for paper, then he broke off the sharp, hard point and pulled HARD to get it to loosen the fibers, and showed us how they Mayans used that for needle and thread! He gave both to Muley.

Um...I got a really nice massage and a horrible sun burn, and the people were SO friendly, and many were very pleasant on the eyes!!

Mostly, I ate, played on the beach, played at the pool, slept in a hammock, and goofed off the whole time, so I had a blast!!

Thanks for asking, I'd forgot to post what happened there! LOL!

Hope all is well there,
    Fozzi3 the, very unhappily trying to gain ownership of that Dr. Teeth fig, Bear LOL!
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hey Kev

We'll miss you around here, but I'm sure you'll have fun in Mexico! I remember going there as a kid - it was soooo incredibly hot. The frogboy is a rather fair-skinned fella. Being from Texas, if I say it's hot, it's darn hot! :eek:

I remember the highlight of my trip is at the hotel - they had cable (we didn't have it at home) and I could watch Fraggle Rock! LOL! Kids, huh? Guess that reference dates me!
  15. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Hey Kev!

Welcome Back!!!!!!

...and did you get me anything?

:D
  16. Fozzie Bear

Emmy!

>>...and did you get me anything?

I tried to, but they kept my muffins in customs!!! :mad:

Thanks for the wishes, Froggy. I'm home and happy again. Sure miss all the eye candy at the beach tho! WOO! Oh, and chocolate volcanoes. mmmmm.

I wanted to go parasailing, but they let you do it sitting in a chair kinda thing. The problem was it cost $99 USD, and I didn't want to pay that much to ride in the air and maybe fall in the water and drown or get eaten by sharks!! OR SQUID! YIKES!!

Dunno if any pics will show up online or not since it wasn't an event kinda thing like what's at the other site pics links things....

Later on!
    Senor FOZ
  17. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Drat!

You should have had extra muffins. That way they don't have to make up some silly reason for having to take them away (when we all know that they were hungry!)...

:)
  18. Fozzie Bear

They also took tequila that I brought back for some friends of mine. :(

Did I mention that once we were back in the United States, boarding the plane at Dallas Fort Worth Airport to come back to Memphis, the lady at American Airlines tried to claim that Muley was a carry on!

How dare she!?

I tried to explain to her as fast as I could that he is a puppet which can't be just shoved in any bag as it would damage him (not really, but she didn't have to know that; then again, puppets are rather delicate sometimes). She wouldn't hear of him going through without being in a bag.

I told her, "Lady, look; you need to check with your superiors RIGHT NOW because Muley is on my reservation, listed by NAME, and has every right to travel along with me as a child would a parent. We are about to miss our flight because the plane left Cancoon late, and we just do NOT have time to deal with this right now." I stepped through the security thing quickly and ran Muley through the X-Ray conveyor belt, grabbed him up once he finally came out, and put him on.

Just as we left, Muley shouted back at her: "So THERE!" He looked at a security guard, "Thank you for your kindness, sir." And we boarded the plane.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not either, but there was ICE in the vents on the plane, and when we started taking off, there was a horrible rattle in the plane, and many people began to freak out, then Muley screamed: "Out there! ON THE WING!!! I see a creature on the wing!!"

But, it was only my mom!

FOZ