Fozzie Bear attened Carnegie conference with Lamp Chop, and Grover

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but not many puppets are as important as Muppets. That was my point. Sure, Lambchop is important, but I was barely exposed to her when I was a kid and many kids today wouldn't be able to tell you who she is, but Fozzie Bear, well that's another matter. I'd say he has stand-alone clout as a recognizable figure, although he was often teamed with Kermit. Heck, I think I was exposed to Topo Gigio more than Lambchop - but yeah. That simple sock has a lot of clout and personality and is worthy of sitting next to the bear.

Movies205

Reaction score
Ya but that only due to the fact sherry died, and only recently the lambchop was taken over by her daughter(rite?)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
In my 28 years on the planet, I have barely seen Lambchop in anything. It's not really a recent issue with me. That puppet hasn't had much of a presence around me and I've always watched a lot of television. I honestly don't know how younger kids know who she is. At least, not ones in Houston, Washington DC, New York or San Francisco. I have rarely seen her on the air in any of the places I have lived.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
In my 28 years on the planet, I have barely seen Lambchop in anything. It's not really a recent issue with me
Well i think it's kinda the 22 years before that people regard as most important. I'm no lambchop fan (i much prefer roast beef) but i'm pretty used to seeing lambchop booked as being this historic puppet. I think Larry King did a whole hour on Lambchop at one point so you've gotta wonder how the heck he managed that.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
In my 28 years on the planet, I have barely seen Lambchop in anything. It's not really a recent issue with me. That puppet hasn't had much of a presence around me and I've always watched a lot of television. I honestly don't know how younger kids know who she is. At least, not ones in Houston, Washington DC, New York or San Francisco. I have rarely seen her on the air in any of the places I have lived.
I've seen a lot of Lamb Chop more when i was younger though and i'm in New York,my mom loved her when she was young, but this could be an iusse with people who don't know who the muppets are or only refur to them as the babies. can we judge or balme them? no, can we judge or blame Henson? no, it just depends, you can't know everything and see everything in this world, people grow up and are exposed to diffrent things at diffrent times or not at all. I'm not saying anything againts you Jamie, i hope you don't think that, but lamb chop is historically important puppet, i don't think she out ranks kermit and i don't think kermit out ranks her, they are equal in my book. they are like real people.

I llike kermit 100 times more then Lamb chop, but both are important puppets as their creator's

Zack,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That goes a bit far. Kermit is globally well known and is dubbed in many different languages. I doubt Lambchop even gets dubbed in Spanish. Kermit does outrank her, and the legacy of the Muppets and Jim Henson far outweighs the Lambchop legacy. Non-English speaking countries likely see her as we see Topo Gigio. Although that mouse has a leg up on Lambchop because he appeared on Ed Sullivan every now and then. With all the crossover Latin influence these days, I wonder why that cute little mouse doesn’t make a comeback.

Lambchop is cool and legitimate, just not as universal as Kermit and the rest of the Muppet gang.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The one thing is though, this isn't a major event beging shown all over the world, its a film at one gallery in the state's. it's big for puppets thought, if this was on TV i would think Kermit should be their along with fozzie. still lamb chop should be there if not one of lamb chops puppet friends.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, of course. I agree with that - always have agreed with it in this thread, but that puppet is really nowhere near the level of the Muppets - I actually can't think of a puppet that is. But definitely worthy enough to be a peer and to sit next to Fozzie for the exibit. But I don't think most people see them as equal peers.

Movies205

Reaction score
poor grover getting no attenion only Fozzie and Lamp Chop lol and maybe that funky cat:big_grin: